hello

Hi, I've just signed up today although I've lurked a little bit since I first found out about the whole cosmere concept. Needless to say that just blew my mind when I read that! I'd already read all the cosmere books, and was a bit stunned when I realised they were all connected in this way. I HAD noticed the presence of Hoid in both Elantris and tWoK, but I dismissed it as him being lazy and recycling a character name! (that's terribly embarrassing to admit) I think my favourite of the cosmere books is tWoK, although I did love Mistborn a lot as well. I was less keen on Warbreaker, it just didn't resonate with me as much as the others.

I like a few other fantasy books - I quite like Patrick Rothfuss (although his books didn't quite blow me away, they were were quite enjoyable) and I liked Scott Lynch, but my favourite for many years has been Steven Erikson. I love Malaz! I think Brandon Sanderson has probably stolen the 'favourite fantasy author' spot in my heart though.

Hah, a lot of people thought the same exact thing when the Hoid thing was pointed out in the very beginning, so you're not alone! Scott Lynch is one of my favorite authors, I can hardly wait for Republic of Thieves. I'm glad you decided to come out of the shadows and join us :D

Thanks Windrunner. It's good to know I'm not the only one who thought that. I'd also forgotten at the time that Hoid appears in Mistborn and Warbreaker as well. I've just realised I told a little lie in that post - I haven't read ALL the cosmere books, I haven't had the chance to read Alloy of Law yet.

Oh wow! You're not missing too much cosmere stuff except the essay at the end, but it's an excellent read, full of ties back to the original trilogy, as well as a cameo appearance by a couple of our admins, Josh and M'ich. Have you read The Emperor's Soul?

Um, oops, no I haven't read The Emperor's Soul. Basically I read all three Mistborn, Elantris, Warbreaker and tWoK because my brother loaned me his copies. I don't really have much money to buy books these days. I have bought my own copy of tWoK now, but none of the others. And I haven't read Alloy of Law or The Emperor's Soul as I haven't had money to buy them myself.

Edited by TwistedMisting

• Chaos locked this topic