Metalmind hacking

Minsk Ghoul

It's well known that only feruchemist that filled metalmind with characteristic can tap it. The most logical explanation of this law, on my opinion, is that investiture in metalmind encoded with feruchemist's sDNA during the process of storing. So it's seemed obvious to me, that if somebody steal by hemalurgy the part of feruchemist's spiritweb that respond to this ability, he can use related metalmind because it will recognize him as master.

Example. Feruchemist Johned stored some important information in his coppermind. But we have a man named Werlyan. Werlyan want to access Johned's  coppermind. He uses hemalurgy on Johned and steals Johned's ability of feruchemical copper by brass spike. Can Werlyan now access Johned's coppermind, or demage by hemalurical decay made this part of spiritweb not fit?

Edited by Minsk Ghoul

• 4 weeks later...

Going a step further with this idea though, I think we need to ask whether or not the Inquisitor's or the Lord Ruler knew how to do this with Hemalurgy.  If they did, then it could be possible that they used one of these methods to gain access to the Keeper's general archives.  

the person who stole a bit of his soul would probably be keyed with enough Identity to use his metalmind. :( (This is uncertain, though, based on how much of the soul got ripped off, and how much the spike has decayed.)

The Hemalurgy could allow  the receiver the access to the donor's metalminds . But only if the spike does not decay too .

Oh, I thought you had to use the metal mind as the spike to make it work.  

I don't really think.

When you create a Spike, you ripped some part of the soul (and Spirit Web) from the victim. Within this Spirit Web are some part of the Identity of the poor guy. If the spike remain too much outside of a body and its power decay too much, the  Identity stolen decreases.

With a good portion of the Identity of the victim, you could use his/her metal mind (every metalmind) simply because the metalminds see you as their creator.

In reality you even need to stole feruchemical power from their creator, just an Identity spike. And his metalmind became your to access (but you could fill them without Feruchemical Ability).

• Chaos locked this topic