Who is the Vin "model" on the covers of Mistborn?

02ranger

I know this sounds like a weird question but it's been driving me nuts. I just finished FE and started WoA not long ago, and the whole time I've read both books the cover has bugged me cause Vin looks familiar. Was she drawn to appear like some actress or model, or was she pulled out of the artist's imaginiation? She looks VERY familiar, and the face I keep seeing is just a little sharper than the one on FE and it's always the same image. A kinda profile shot from the side, with short black hair cut to fall around the level of her chin, curled just slightly forward at the bottom (pretty much like Cover-Vin). Does anybody else know what I'm talking about? I KNOW she looks like somebody famous and it is driving me nuts cause I can't figure out who it is. Usually this stuff comes to me pretty quickly........

BTW, I'm talking about this cover in particular.

51E%2B7V-PDyL.jpg

Jennifer Lawrence? I can see a little bit of her in there

Has she ever had that hairstyle that you can remember? The picture I'm remembering is dark black hair and similarly styled to the cover. I don't remember Jennifer Lawrence with that hairstyle but its very possible.

I finally figured out who I was thinking of. I posted this on Reddit and somebody mentioned Selma Blair. I was seeing her the way she looks in the Hellboy movies in my head. She doesn't look a whole lot like the Vin on the cover, but something about that hairstyle made me think of her. Thanks for the suggestions here, and now I can finally read in peace. lol

I always thought she looked like Chloe Grace Moretz from Kick Chull.

Edit:

Braize the forum autocorrect. Chull is meant to be the other word, for donkey, or rear end.

Edited by Bort

I always thought she looked like Chloe Grace Moretz from Kick Chull.

Edit:

Braize the forum autocorrect. Chull is meant to be the other word, for donkey, or rear end.

I can definitely see that. I've actually given a lot of thought to a Mistborn cast lately. Maybe I oughta share in the cast thread someday......

It's funny, she really doesn't look like Selma Blair at all, but that haircut kept making me think of her for some reason. Anyway, at least that little mystery has been solved. :D

I know this sounds like a weird question but it's been driving me nuts. I just finished FE and started WoA not long ago, and the whole time I've read both books the cover has bugged me cause Vin looks familiar. Was she drawn to appear like some actress or model, or was she pulled out of the artist's imaginiation? She looks VERY familiar, and the face I keep seeing is just a little sharper than the one on FE and it's always the same image. A kinda profile shot from the side, with short black hair cut to fall around the level of her chin, curled just slightly forward at the bottom (pretty much like Cover-Vin). Does anybody else know what I'm talking about? I KNOW she looks like somebody famous and it is driving me nuts cause I can't figure out who it is. Usually this stuff comes to me pretty quickly........

51E%2B7V-PDyL.jpg

It reminds me of my old cut, but I don't think that's who you were talking about :P

• 2 weeks later...

51E%2B7V-PDyL.jpg

I have three guesses:

1. Stick

2. Shia Lebouf

3. That girl in Hulk ('cause I just watched Hulk)

Edited by WayneSpren

• Chaos locked this topic