My novel that is not about Sticks and is based on Sanderson books

WayneSpren

This novel is a book I'm writing about what might happen if Adonalsium was put together again. 

On their Sixteenth birthday, people can go through Ascensions, which are essentially Brandon's magic systems. Sixteen months from their first Ascension people can go through their next, and so on.

The first Ascension is Allomancy, the second Feruchemy, then AonDor, then Epic powers, etc.

Unfortunately almost everybody who reaches the Fourth Ascension is incredibly evil as Epic power corrupts them. This causes a BIG problem for the Cosmere and the worlds of Non-Cosmere.

1/16th of people reach the 1st. 1/16 off that reach the 2nd.

The final is going to be the 16th, which only one person possesses-a man called Gregor.

(New Ascensions appear whenever Brandon writes about them. The Universe was fine until Reckoners...which is the end.)

The main characters plan to save the Universe: murder Brandon Sanderson. Sorry, Sanderfans.

Edited by WayneSpren

Sounds like a neat fanfic. :) But out of curiosity, are you aware that the Reckoners books are not set in the Cosmere? Brandon's gone on record saying that there is absolutely no version of Earth in the Cosmere.

Of course I know that. That is set in the worlds of Non-Cosmere.  :)

Progress bar:

Gregor 1st draft 5%

New Plot Twist:

The 17th Shard was the only force of resistance against the Ascenders. Only they could theorize well enough - or be random enough - to figure out the best ways to stop them.

One member, Kobold King, has found the secret, the one you can only get with experience and 20,000 upvotes. 

And now he prepares to avenge the Sanderverse from all who aim to destroy it.

Edited by WayneSpren

Gregor’s Ascension

Chapter 1

Six Years Ago

“Excuse me” Kobold King dryly uttered as he killed the most important person in the world.

Well, maybe not the most important for most people, but for Kobold King this woman was everything.

This person – a Fifth Ascensioner – had singlehandedly murdered every single person on the 17th Shard.  At least, everyone he knew of. He had heard rumors that Edgedancer was still alive somewhere in Elantris, but those he had passed off as idle gossip. He had had to stay focused on TwylightSanSparkles.

Yes. TwylightSanSparkles had Ascended, murdered everyone on the Reckoners Rpg, and had immediately wiped out every theorist she could find, from Quiver to Delightful. And now she was dead, knifed by the only person with more upvotes than her, her only rival in her past life.

I knew I had that weakness right, Kobold thought as he retrieved his knife. So it was pug saliva after all.

He patted the pug at his feet on the head, then took off its leash and let it flee into the understreets. He couldn’t afford its costs, and frankly it was a distraction.

Kobold was satisfied with his kill, but there was…something that he didn’t understand.

She was a Coppercloud, a Speed Ferring, an Oculator, and an Epic, with the power to suck away investiture by giving out downvotes.

The Coppercloud was an incredibly useful power to have. With it, Kobold – being of the third Ascension – couldn’t have sensed her powers even though he was an Oculator. Being a Speed Ferring made her unnaturally fast in battle, her Oculatory powers let her use her basic lenses to see sources of Investiture, and her Epic power was unnaturally deadly.

So why? Kobold thought. Why didn’t she use her last power, the Aons? Throughout the fight all she did was shoot at me and steal my Investiture. 

Aons were very hard to combat. They were too versatile to fight effectively without a great amount of skill. Kobold King had prepared to fight it, and was now mystified she had not used it. It was almost if she had given him an easy fight.

But that was a mystery for another day.

Edited by WayneSpren

Oh, so the allomancy ascension makes you a misting? I'd assumed that after the allomancy and feruchemy ascensions, each person would be a Fullborn.

Oh, and I think it is awesome.

This is just my first draft, I'll be posting it as I write it.

The 8th Ascension makes you a Mistborn (8 original metals). The 12th makes you a full feruchemist, thus a Fullborn.

Some more:

Surges is the 10th of course. That number is essential to Stormlight.