The thrill sings - The Parshendi sings

Binnut

I just realized that the description of the Trill is that it "sings". We also know that the Parshendi sings when in battle. There seems to be a Connection here.

Thrill

Parshendi

Spoiler for Words of Radiance:

In the Eshonai chapter reading Brandon did, it is also mentioned that the forms, and also some communication essentially is done by a melody or rhythm.

It is usually accepted that the Parshendi is heavily influenced by Odium. (at least sometimes)

It has also been suggested that the Thrill is coming from odium because of its destructiveness and Dalinars growing aversion to it.

So if the Parshendi is influenced by Odium via forms and songs, then it's probably possible for Odium to influence persons affected by the thrill.

And if Odium is not involved, then is there probably still a connection between them.

What do you think?

I think this is a great catch. It definitely helps tie in the importance of sounds and words on Roshar (that the cities are shaped like vibrations, that the writing is a wavelength, and Kaladin speaking the words). I wonder if there is a difference between what is an Odium-influenced or non-Odium-influenced waveform.

I haven't thought about that it were a connection to all those other things, so the connection to Odium may be a little dubious, but there is still a connection, and with what you added, an even greater connection.

Another point where something similar is mentioned is in one of Kaladin's flashbacks, the one where he thinks of his fight with Jost. He says that moment "sang" to him. Perhaps it's just a metaphor, however I wouldn't put it past Mr. Sanderson to throw in hints like that. I'm sorry, but I only have the audio-book, so i can't exactly look for it.

• Chaos locked this topic