Speculation: 4 new metals

kroen

Brandon said there could be more than 16, right? So here are 4 I came up with: (sorry for no feruchemy, I'm all out of ideas for them)

Gallium

Composition: Gallium

Allomancy: Pyro mistings can burn gallium to manipulate and control fire. This includes, but not limited to- making existing flames bigger or smalller; levitating flames, and even shooting them out as fireballs.

Galfenol

Composition: Gallium & Iron

Allomancy: Hydro mistings can burn Galfenol to manipulate and control waterThis includes, but not limited to- freezing existing water to ice; thawing ice to water; levitating, moving and shaping water and ice.

Cobalt

Composition: Cobalt

Allomancy: Aero mistings can burn cobalt to manipulate and control air. This includes, but not limited to- producing wind; using wind to increase the allomancer's agility, speed and jump height and even running on vertical surfaces via wind support.

Vitallium

Composition: Cobalt & Chromium

Allomancy: Geo mistings can burn vitallium to manipulate and control earth. This includes, but not limited to- levitating, moving and shaping earth, sand and rocks; sensing vibrations in the ground.

Edited by kroen

I'm pretty sure there aren't any additional base metals... regardless, we know that silver is totally useless, allomantically.

That said, it might be fun to work up an alternate set of metals.  'Fogborn' or whatever, where the little known shards Perspiration and Loon have attempted to create their own magic system.

Loonium: Kills the user

//Devnotes: Aw crud.  Must have misplaced a negative sign somewhere.  It was supposed to turn the user into an unstoppable killing machine.

Gatoradium: It's got electrolytes!

//Devnotes:  Wait, what do you mean that doesn't let you zap people like palpatine?  Outrageous! 

Edited by Phantom Monstrosity

Ye gods do these not even remotely fit with the other metals... Which are supposed to internal, which are supposed to be external? Which Push, which Pull? I'm all for fangasming a fifth group of metals in, but these break so many established Allomancy rules...

• 3 months later...

Yeah, all are external metals and none of them are pushing or pulling really.

If anything, I could see having a push and pull for each, making them like steel and iron but for the different elements, but that is still only external (and 8 metals)

So two has to effect you and 2 has to effect other things, each needing a push and pull.

I'm trying to think of stuff to be elemental but I'm drawing a blank right now.

I'm trying to think of 4 elemental metals that gives you push/pulls and external/internal.

• 4 months later...

Earth and air can be internal metals and fire and water can be external.  Air allows you to sense and change yourself to work with air currents and earth lets you sense through the ground and changes you so that you can burrow through it.  I think fire would be more interesting as a simple temperature up and down mechanism, but you can manipulate it around certain areas, like make a fire rage up in searing heat, but it doesn't let you make new fires.  Water can excite or calm local water, for example making pipes burst or creating a bubble of waveless sea in the middle of a hurricane.