Question on Pulsers

Wolven

I am just full of questions today.  :D

When a Pulser uses their power and their sitting in their bubble while the world outside passes by at a faster rate, do they age with the normal passing of time of the planet, or are they aging with the altered time within their bubble?  

Did I say that right?  Lol, I went through about half a dozen wordings in my head before I chose that one.  :P

I don't believe this has been asked before, but I would think the answer should be that they would age as fast as time is flowing around them. A few tons of cadmium and duralumin, and you should be able to 'time travel' to the future. We have WoBs suggesting as much. For example,

the_archduke
(overheard at a distance) Is there time travel in the Cosmere?

Brandon Sanderson
We haven't seen time travel into the past, but we have seen it into the future in Alloy of Law.
(source)

I am just full of questions today.

I was the same when I joined, keep em comin!

Edit: because autocorrect is naughty

Edited by LabRat

On the flip side though, given the nature of the power, Pulsers probably live longer on average.

Unless they die early from Cadmium Poisoning. (Unlikely)

As long as they're burning it and not leaving it to digest, they should be fine.

jW

Which is why I said it was unlikely. The only serious danger would be if they expected to need a lot and swallowed it, but then got knocked out or otherwise couldn't burn it.

• Chaos locked this topic