Book Bomb - Help Ben Wolverton

Branf

I hope no one considers this spam, but my heart really went out when I heard this on the new 'do I dare to eat a peach' podcast, made by Dan and Robison Wells.

David Farland, an author and mentor to many authors, including Brandon Sanderson, is holding a book bomb today to raise money for his son Ben Wolverton's medical care. His son was in a tragic long-boarding accident on Wednesday the 4th of April, 2013. He suffers from severe brain trauma, a cracked skull, broken pelvis and tail bone, burnt knees, bruised lungs, broken ear drums, road rash, pneumonia, and is currently in a coma. As an author David has no medical insurance.

The book bomb is focusing on his novel 'Nightingale', which has great reviews, and 'Million Dollar Outlines' a guide for writing outlines for new authors.

You can find out more here http://www.helpwolverton.com/p/books-for-book-bomb.html as well as the links to buy the books from amazon.

As I said, my heart really goes out to this family and I hope that Ben makes a swift recovery.

P.S a book bomb is where everyone buys the book on the same day, if you didn't know.

Edit: realised this is also on brandon's blog

Edited by Branf

I hope no one considers this spam, but my heart really went out when I heard this on the new 'do I dare to eat a peach' podcast, made by Dan and Robison Wells.

Nah, you should be fine. Context is pretty important when something is or isn't considered spam around here, especially since you aren't directly hawking or benefiting from it.

So am I supposed to buy it tonight or tomorrow?

I don't think it matters. So far as I can tell it's a "buy this book so he gets money" kind of thing, not a "buy this book on X day to get him MORE money" sort of thing. I.E. *any* books sales help him, not necessarily in a certain period of time.

• Chaos locked this topic