Hello, guys! I just made my account today, been meaning to do it for months.

Anyway, I read the article that TOR put up where Branmdon Sanderson annouced the Words of Radiance title (who here didn't read it lol) and I learned a lot of other cool stuff, like Szeth having his own book and so on. So the first book belonged to Kaladin, the second will be Shallan's, the third will be Szeth and the fifth will be Dalinar's.

So who do you guys want the fourth to belong to? I personally would love to see a book for Navani. I love her, she's awesome and I have a soft spot for tech inventors. But i believe it could also belong to Adolin. Ibelieve these two are the most likely (I would like it to be Navani's). But i think a book for Tarvangian would be pretty cool too. And he's old, so theose flashbacks could go pretty deep and far back.

Sio, again, my question is: who would you like the fourth book to brlong to?

This will probably make you sad, but book 4 used to Navani's. I was pretty excited about this, but Brandon's now confirmed that Eshonai will be the flashback character in book 4. I wanted to see from Navani's point of view, but I think I might even be more excited to get an Eshonai book.

This will probably make you sad, but book 4 used to Navani's. I was pretty excited about this, but Brandon's now confirmed that Eshonai will be the flashback character in book 4. I wanted to see from Navani's point of view, but I think I might even be more excited to get an Eshonai book.

Is that the Parshendi? The woman that Dalinar was fighting? That'll be interesting too. Maybe Navani will get a book in the second sequence then if Sanderson thought sge deserved one. Thanks!

No problem, and welcome to the forums as well!

Yeah, that's exactly who that is. I'm pretty sure she's been bumped to the second sequence with Jasnah, Taln, Taravangian, and another unnamed Herald.

Thanks, Windrunner. I'm a huge Sanderson fan, TOR fan, fantasy fan and just a massive bookworm and huge fandom geek lol. So I'm really glad I finally remembered to make thjis account. I've been reading stuff on the 17th Shard and Coppermind ever since I found Hoid in more than one book. lol.

I love this fandom. I love being a member of the 17th Shard a bit more than being a Whovian lol. I love it here, I love talking to other members here and having people to talk to about my favorite series. :)

If Tarvangian has his own book, that would be kickass. I think it would be cool for Hoid to have a Stormlight book, but I don't think that will happen what with the Yolen books planned to possibly be released someday (which I personally cannot wait for).

I imagine both the Heralds were pushed to the second quintet because their flashbacks would give away too much if we saw them early on.  It would be even worse for Hoid, since he is possibly the best informed character in the Cosmere.  A character can be written in an enigmatic way; Vasher's chapters in Warbreaker, for instance, but it's also very limiting.

Also, the first few chapters of the now-scrapped Hoid origin book Liar of Partinel can be found online, but there's no telling how much of that is still going to be applicable when the book is rewritten.  A single copy of Dragonsteel can apparently be found in the BYU library system, but the same issue applies where we can't be sure how much is still applicable.  At least a few people on here have read it, but it seems they aren't allowed to discuss it on the forums here.  BS continues to improve as a writer, so I really look forward to seeing those books in their final forms.

Also, does anyone if the other Herald flashback character is yet-to-be-decided or yet-to-be-revealed?  I think Shalash, Jezrien, and Ishar  (if I'm right about him) would be the obvious choices.   The other six don't seem as significant.

• Chaos locked this topic