Site Down Today

Kurkistan

We're aware of it, and we're working to fix it. The sporadic ups and downs that you've been seeing in the last couple hours has been me and Chaos trying to tighten things up, take a few things down to try to isolate the problem (If you'll note, the TWG archive is down right now), and at the end of the day just trying to see if a few resets will fix the server.

Edit: Everything seems to be running fine now, but we'll still keep an eye on things.

Hey, so. Yeah, something happened to the server today. Apparently 11am Mountain Time was when Eerongal noticed it and I rebooted it about an hour later. However, something more serious was happening, as server load was very abnormal for some reason. For most of the afternoon we were battling it, it occasionally working, but often extremely slowly. Then it would hang up and I'd need to reboot it again.

TWG had a database error of some kind so I removed it to try and see if that would help. It was not apparent that it did.

Then, lastly, there was a database error at about 7:20ish Mountain, about thirty minutes ago. I'm not sure when that particular error started, but certainly after 5. In any case, the database is repaired, and now server load is normal.

So basically... no idea what happened, but it's better now! Yeah.

There was that spammer on either the Partials or the TES boards (I got an email notification, but perma-deleted it, and those are my two board-notifications). Maybe there was a DOS attack as retribution for taking it down? Or is that too paranoid?

Edited by Kurkistan