Hypothetical Mistborn Dating Sim

Colours

I have never played a dating sim game.

I would play the hell out of this game. Hilarious doesn't quite begin to sum up how insane this would be, and if i don't start to get some kind of hint as to how those various romances end, I'm going to feel very cheated,

(VinxTheLordRuler OTP)

You forgot Ham!

Sweet and philosophical, but hard and strong, Ham has it all... even a pre-existing family!  Which family member(s) will Snap at the pain of losing their Patriarch, and what powers will they gain to try and kill you with?

You forgot Ham!

Sweet and philosophical, but hard and strong, Ham has it all... even a pre-existing family!  Which family member(s) will Snap at the pain of losing their Patriarch, and what powers will they gain to try and kill you with?

>implying that killing Vin is possible

Seriously, she's immortaller than the Lord Ruler himself.  :P

I was thinking that the rest of the cast would be NPCs, but scratch that! Vin x Allrianne all the way. Because Vin clearly needs some pink puff in her life. She'll be the token loli heroine, taking everyone in with her innocent sweetness and a charming hint of spice.

Seriously, she's immortaller than the Lord Ruler himself. :P

I was thinking that the rest of the cast would be NPCs, but scratch that! Vin x Allrianne all the way. Because Vin clearly needs some pink puff in her life. She'll be the token loli heroine, taking everyone in with her innocent sweetness and a charming hint of spice.

YES. Ship Vin with all of the people.

Like Shan. She seems perfect as an "evil" mentor romance.

Or Hoid. Worldhopper romance!

Edited by Quiver

YES. Ship Vin with all of the people.

Like Shan. She seems perfect as an "evil" mentor romance.

Or Hoid. Worldhopper romance!

The story behind the story is actually Hoid building his personal harem out of every character ever.  :lol:

Can't believe I forgot about Shan. She and Vin hate each other - it's obvious OTP material!

Seriously, she's immortaller than the Lord Ruler himself.  :P

I said *TRY*, at no point did I imply they'd succeed.

And now I'm imagining Ham on the sidelines watching the woman he now loves (Vin) SLAUGHTER his ex-wife and children... creepy

I said *TRY*, at no point did I imply they'd succeed.

And now I'm imagining Ham on the sidelines watching the woman he now loves (Vin) SLAUGHTER his ex-wife and children... creepy

To be fair, she does a lot of the same thing to Elend.  :P Although the context was different and all. Maybe she could justify it if his wife raises an army and camps outside Luthadel or something.

As much as we think of Elend as soft and cuddly, he was actually pretty hardcore. Especially compared to "I hit things hard but can't come to a decision" Ham.

As much as we think of Elend as soft and cuddly, he was actually pretty hardcore. Especially compared to "I hit things hard but can't come to a decision" Ham.

I get the impression that Elend was a sort of peacetime leader forcibly forged into a serviceable wartime one, and if we could see him after the end of the third novel, he'd probably have reverted to being the bookish teddy bear that I keep picturing his younger self as.  :)

Then again, the entire cast seems to spend a fair amount of time being pretty worrying. I guess apocalypses do that to people.

I get the impression that Elend was a sort of peacetime leader forcibly forged into a serviceable wartime one, and if we could see him after the end of the third novel, he'd probably have reverted to being the bookish teddy bear that I keep picturing his younger self as.  :)

Then again, the entire cast seems to spend a fair amount of time being pretty worrying. I guess apocalypses do that to people.

I feel like if Elend had been around after the third book, Vin would have to too. Otherwise he turns into a monstrous villain who somehow ends up being able to use Feruchemy as well (Sezed thought it was a good idea... for some reason...) after going mad from dealing with the loss of the love of his life and survivor's guilt. We see him return at the end of the Mistborn series as the ultimate antagonist who has finally succeeded in killing Harmony so he could take Ruin alone and shatters Preservation. 

Of course, if they both survive, you have a line of insanely strong Allomancers. Cause, you know. That baby be crazy strong. Especailly seeing as Vin would possibly be Harmony in this scenario... And Elend end up staying after he dies like Kelsier, and tries to keep him in line. Tries.

If Elend doesn't die, Vin never kills Ati. Sazed lives a short and boring life, dying alongside Elend when the world ends. Vin kills Ati at this point, but no one is left alive to get the Shards... 7,000 years later Odium comes along, finds 2 Shards laying around in the remnants of Scadrial, and Splinters them both.

I feel like if Elend had been around after the third book, Vin would have to too. Otherwise he turns into a monstrous villain who somehow ends up being able to use Feruchemy as well (Sezed thought it was a good idea... for some reason...) after going mad from dealing with the loss of the love of his life and survivor's guilt. We see him return at the end of the Mistborn series as the ultimate antagonist who has finally succeeded in killing Harmony so he could take Ruin alone and shatters Preservation. 

That would be an interesting twist.  :lol:

I always thought, though, that Elend was a lot less dependent on Vin than Vin was on Elend - he doesn't have abandonment issues or a destructive impulse carved into him by Ruin. If he'd miraculously survived, or if Sazed resurrected only him (for some reason), he'd mourn heavily but still be able to help put the world back together.

...Of course, if their places were reversed, we'd all be utterly doomed due to a severe case of Very Angry Vin.  :ph34r:

SUPER Secret route:

While scouting out a target, Kelsier finds a young woman who appears to be neither skaa nor noble. Confused, he takes her back to the Clubs', where Vin is entrusted with caring for the delusional girl, who speaks of a world named Nalthis, and calls herself "Siri."

This thread is amazing.

A project for next April Fools' Day...

edit: Also, I want to date Human. This should be a thing.

Haha, it would be great if this became an actual thing.  :lol: I'd volunteer, but, well, time. Oh, but I could contribute some of the bad endings. Bad endings are my forte.  B)

More interspecies romance for all!

Vin x OreSeur

Vin x MeLaan (who cares if they've never met)

Vin x The spirit of the dear departed koloss who ate Elend's horse

Vin x The entire Steel Inquisition

Edited by Colours

...well, okay. I read this topic title as Mistborn dating Siri, not Mistborn dating sim. I came into it going, "DON'T TOUCH MY SIRI!" I am reassured. Carry on.

SUPER Secret route:

While scouting out a target, Kelsier finds a young woman who appears to be neither skaa nor noble. Confused, he takes her back to the Clubs', where Vin is entrusted with caring for the delusional girl, who speaks of a world named Nalthis, and calls herself "Siri."

Hmm...

In other crossover shipping news...

Vin stood alone, watching the mist curl about the rooftops, when suddenly a man tumbled out of the sky and out of narrative convenience. She started, daggers leaping to her hands.

The man wore no mistcloak and showed no allomantic pulses, even when she flared bronze. The space around him, however, looked... different. More vivid. Her instincts told her that the man was powerful but unlikely to be a threat, and that for some mysterious reason, he wasn't completely doomed to become a splatter on the ground. She readied herself to fight, just in case.

As she watched, a rope snapped out from his hands to wrap around some convenient architectural feature, and he jerked to a stop.

...But who cares about that.

The important part is, a sword fell out of his hand and clattered to the ground.

It was the most suspicious-looking sword Vin had ever seen.

Hi, a voice said. I think you're pretty.

• Chaos locked this topic