Question about Zahel, COSMERE SPOILERS

MitchBade

Has it been stated Hoid will be playing a major role in SA? Currently, he is a very, very, very minor character. A popular one, yes, but I would not even rate him as a secondary character. I have always assumed his role would remain peripheral in this series, just as I think Zahel will be.

Well I doubt Zahel will get as much attention as secondary characters but that doesn't means he can't be important.

Sanderson can and will pull off Nightblood in SA without making Warbreaker a must-read. All I'm saying "what if" he could pull of same thing with Zahel? Would you still be disappointed?

Roshar is different from other worlds we've seen. It has much more magical possibilities that would make sense than any others. It is possible that BS could explain Awakening without going into Warbreaker and without making it feel out of place. That's all I'm saying.

What if there's a Surge that resembles Awakening? What if one of the Orders can give commands to inanimate object that aren't limited by transformation?

What if Nightwatcher is linked to Endowment instead of Cultivation? Even if not, Nightwatchers restrictions and limitations don't fit our normal magic-system formula. "Zahel's different because Old Magic. End of discussion" is very much possible right now.

Just saying that at this point in the series, nothing's impossible.

What if there's a Surge that resembles Awakening? What if one of the Orders can give commands to inanimate object that aren't limited by transformation?

I will definitely have to look into that.  It probably would say something at the back of WoR about it, if it does exist.

I will definitely have to look into that.  It probably would say something at the back of WoR about it, if it does exist.

"You are a stick! Sticks can walk! Run Stick Run!" - Works 9/10 times every single time!

• Chaos locked this topic