I enjoy Sanderson's wheel of time!

chongjasmine

I like the Wheel of Time series as well (balefire FTW!) but I must say it has one major flaw: following the characters can get messy at times. I'm halfway through the Lord of Chaos (only started reading WoT a few months back) and Robert Jordan's writing can get pretty tangled at times, to the point where it's a chore just following the characters back and forth. Hopefully, Sanderson can resolve this far better than Jordan did.

Also, I couldn't help but notice you were from Singapore! Hello from someone who lives just across the border!

Edited by Vindicator

I think it's partly because the Wheel Of Time suffers somewhat from a weak second act, only over a forteen book series instead of a three-hour movie.

This. By "Knife of Dreams," which I would place roughly at start of the transition into the third act (long series means everything gets stretched out, esp. for difference character arcs), things were already picking up even without Brandon.