Chicago Signing

Lamguin

I went to the Chicago AMoL signing. Had a wonderful time. Had some of the best conversations I've had in years. 5 stars, would recommend.

I posted the following here:

I'm reposting it here, as the reaction there was that this was new info, and I'm guessing most of you wouldn't be checking that section for this sort of thing.

"I was, sadly, not called on to ask a question during the official Q & A, so while getting my books signed, I asked Brandon:

Hoid is regularly around when important events take place. How does he know where to go?

His answer:

He uses Feruchemy. Part of it that will show up in later books.

I also asked:

During book 6 or 7, I forget which, one of the supergirls did a need walk in tel'aran'rhiod to find something to do with The One Power that would help Rand. The end result of this was them discovering The Bowl of the Winds. First, though, she went to the Objects of Power storeroom of the White Tower. What was the thing in the tower?

He passed the question to Maria, who didn't know. I asked if it was The Horn of Valere. He said he wasn't sure, but he always thought it was The Horn.

Apologies if any of this has already been asked and answered elsewhere. Again, I didn't get to ask during the proper Q & A, so I wanted to make sure it was documented."

For some reason, the first thing that comes to mind in response to Brandon's response about Hoid is a combination of Nicrosil or Chromium Feruchemy. We know very little about Nicrosil Feruchemy so I could see Brandon using it as one of the reasons why Hoid keeps popping up, but I would expect that Chromium Feruchemy plays a major part as well.

Hmm, if Hoid ever held all of Adonalsium's power before the Shattering, wouldn't he be a Super Sliver, with access to all of the magic systems, assuming the other necessary components are met? Basically, Breaths and color for Awakening, Metals for Feruchemy and Allomancy, Stormlight and a Nahel bond for Surgebinding, knowledge of Aons and location for Sel-based magics. That would explain how he could use Feruchemy prior to acquiring the bead of Lerasium. And it lets him keep the Lerasium and Atium in storage (his secret home base) for when he will need them.

• Chaos locked this topic