Duel to the Death: Vin and Shallan vs. Kaladin and Wayne

Turos

Duel to the Death!  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be victorious?

• Vin and Shallan
    • Kaladin and Wayne

No offense Cactuschef, but Vin against the other three would be destroyed. Shallan just keeps herself out of the way and lets Pattern distract Vin, Syl can become a shield and block coins shot from Vin, (not to mention Kaladin's reverse lashings). Wayne and his speed bubbles will be plenty helpful in distracting Vin, and Kaladin can out-maneuver Vin in the air. Syl changing shapes makes Kaladin extra difficult to anticipate even with atium, as I doubt a living spren shardblade casts an atium shadow, although Vin would still have a huge advantage with it. His healing gives him another advantage as he could take an otherwise fatal blow in order to score a hit. 

No offense Cactuschef, but Vin against the other three would be destroyed. Shallan just keeps herself out of the way and lets Pattern distract Vin, Syl can become a shield and block coins shot from Vin, (not to mention Kaladin's reverse lashings). Wayne and his speed bubbles will be plenty helpful in distracting Vin, and Kaladin can out-maneuver Vin in the air. Syl changing shapes makes Kaladin extra difficult to anticipate even with atium, as I doubt a living spren shardblade casts an atium shadow, although Vin would still have a huge advantage with it. His healing gives him another advantage as he could take an otherwise fatal blow in order to score a hit. 

Plus Kaladin has his own battle sense that depending on how exactly it works either helps emmensly against Atium or maybe even counter it completely and also can use projectiles with the basic Lashing, albeit at great Stormlight cost. (It never got adressed in book but given it can orient an objects gravitational pull not only in a direction but also to an object he may even get homing projectiles.)

Okay, but we also have to view this emotionaly. I doubt Saladin would straight up kill shallen, a freind. And Wayne Woodville have troubles fightin a young women due to the culture he lived in. If it was a matter of pure skill I think Saladin and vin would win but not without substantial mentle trauma

Okay, but we also have to view this emotionaly. I doubt Saladin would straight up kill shallen, a freind. And Wayne Woodville have troubles fightin a young women due to the culture he lived in. If it was a matter of pure skill I think Saladin and vin would win but not without substantial mentle trauma

I think you ought to be a bit more careful with autocorrect typos, sul.

And people generally ignore canon relationship influence in hypothetical duel-to-death discussions unless it directly affects or relates to their powers. It's a question of "if these people went all out who'll be the last person standing?"

I think you ought to be a bit more careful with autocorrect typos, sul.

And people generally ignore canon relationship influence in hypothetical duel-to-death discussions unless it directly affects or relates to their powers. It's a question of "if these people went all out who'll be the last person standing?"

I agree, though, in this case, it might have a very serious effect. Wouldn't Kaladin lose his powers if he were doing something he didn't feel was right?

Vin and shallan take this for me, mostly vin.

Am I the only one thinking shallan has a shardblade that she has not only gifted to another person but also transforms into 'a large knife' in WoR? People putting Vin down due to her weapons not being that dangerous to kal should remember shallan has got no problem handing her blade over to the trained warrior then going to draw her pretty pictures. This leaves vin with a similarly suped up weapon (no mental comunication / transforming though), way more experience of aerial combat then kal, the ability to attack at range with coins, superior stealth (street thief with tin and pewter vs the glow in the dark man) and what we can only assume are similar physical feats. Kal does win in healing factor and with his blade in spear form he has a pretty big reach advantage as vin is probably not going to be comfortable with using a large weapon. She uses things like koloss sword but never with her normal skill that's dagger work :)

This is ignoring the elephant in the room however, if she has autium she will crush kal it is just too much of advantage in a close up fight. Wayne has no way to interfere with a fight in the sky short of humorous comments and one on one his bubble is worthless against someone like vin. But pattern will probably love his 'method acting'.

• Chaos locked this topic