Nice to meet you all!

Shuyinsan

Hello everybody.

So I came across this site because mr Sanderson posted a link to it on his Facebook :D

I never had heard of this site but when I clicked and saw that it was a fansite for anything Brandon Sanderson I immediatly registered.

My name is Shuyinsan (or Patrick whatever you prefer) and I am a huge sci-fi/Fantasy fan.

I love to program in every code I can (HTML, PHP, OBJ-C, Javascrip, C, C++ etc etc)

Most people call me a Nerd or iPatty (probably because I have alot of Apple stuff) while I'm not an Apple Fanatic.

Anyway I started reading sci-fi fantasy with books of David Gemmell (Sword in the Storms was the first)

The went and read Sword of Truth, Wheel of Time, Song of Fire and Ice the big series.

From Mr Sanderson I read almost every book (Mistborn, WoK(SA), WB, Elantris, IB, Legion etc etc)

I love how Brandon creates the whole aspect of the worlds and his characters in it.

I also Admire him for being so loyal to his fans, this guy goes around the world finishing up one of the great series (WoT) and while doing that manages to play Magic, Ghost Autographs books in stores, goes to Cons, Writes dozen novels/novella's in between and also write scripts for games (IB) that is alot!

Anyway I'm rattling Thanks for reading and I hope to see you all on the forums!

Patrick

Hey Patrick welcome to the forums, we actually just had a q and a with Brandon on here, questions are closed but he's still answering some if you want to take a look. Anyway hope you enjoy the forus, watch out for the admins, they like to spike people offer you cookies because they are bent on creating a spikeocracy such lovely admins <_<

Nice to see you too. I'm like a month week old here, almost two months weeks. I hope to see you around the forums. Also, at the bottom of the "17thShard Forums" page is a Chatbox. We'd enjoy it if you came around occasionally.

Now, I'm just curious. You don't happen to know VB do you?

Have a great spike-free time!

Edited by Stroniax

Thank you for the welcomes!

And I do have some previous experience with VB but that has been a while ago. (school times)

Dare I say I am an Allround programmer, my current job (now for 2 years and 4 months) had me programming stuff like:

• iPad/iPhone (Objective-C, C)

• Webbased (Javascript, PHP, Node.js, mySQL)

• Facebook stuff with Django

• Ruby on Rails (big imagebank servers)

• Android (Java)

Next to the professional coding jobs I also do stuff in my own time for the let's say "automated" stuff in python and or shell.

Now enough bragging hehe, If you ever need some different perspective on a piece of code I'm always willing to help

• Chaos locked this topic