Hello, Newbie Here!

offtehdeepend

Welcome!  I wouldn't take that cookie... (though I can't tell you why if you've only read the first Mistborn book, because it's a spoiler).

Yeah, he might spoil the part where nasty nobles at parties steal cookies from each other. Because they are so delicious.

GET OFF MY YARD, VINEDAWG!

I'll have to finish the trilogy then, although it looks like there are more than 3 books. Are the others prequels, distant sequels, or just more continuation of the same story?

As far as my favorite Stormlight characters, I like Dalianar, Kaladin, and Hoid the most, so far. I'm hoping to get to learn some more about Szeth, too. So I suppose whether the next book ends up focusing on Dalinar or Szeth, I'll be happy :)

Alloy of Law is set three hundred years later than the original trilogy. It is sort-of Western themed. Three more Mistborn books in that era are coming out; Shadows of Self in October, Bands of Mourning in January, and The Lost Metal sometime later. Next, Brandon will write space-age Mistborn books.

Alloy of Law is set three hundred years later than the original trilogy. It is sort-of Western themed. Three more Mistborn books in that era are coming out; Shadows of Self in October, Bands of Mourning in January, and The Lost Metal sometime later. Next, Brandon will write space-age Mistborn books.

Brandon still plans to do the modern-age, 1980's tech Mistborn. He has also mused about a current time Mistborn (2010's-2020's). Space Era is then "Era 4" as it currently stands (2010's would be Era 4 if he writes it, moving Space Era to Era 5). And by "next," I assume you mean way in the future, as it currently stands. That's to be one of the last sequences of books he does, Cosmerically.

Edited by Blaze1616

Yes, "far in the future" is what I meant. I thought that the 1980s was going to be the Space Age one though...

Okay, maybe I mis-interpreted your "Space Age" as "Space Opera Sci-Fi." If so, I apologize. If not, and that is what you meant, then no, they are two different trilogies, ergo the "trilogy of trilogies" that used to be how Mistborn was refered to.

We also didn't have Pulsers and Sliders in 1980 (are you hiding something? :ph34r:).

Dang, you got me. Would you like a bead?

The references to time periods was for non-magical technology levels. So saying 1980's era would mean that they had 1980's tech, and therefore FTL would not be possible.