So something random...

Brendan

So a few months ago, I went into my local books store here in Canberra, Australia and found sitting on the shelf a hard cover USA copy of The Way of Kings, now I had purchased my own first edition, signed and numbered copy from Sam Wellers at release, so I didn't buy it but I did flick through it and considered buying it for a friend. I chose not to and sadly left it there.

A few months later (two months ago now) I went back to the store and having done some research on printings/editions when I saw the book still there, I flicked through it again, only to discover to my surprise the number in the book... 0987654321 it was a first printing! Sitting in a book store in Canberra, Australia, two years after the release when they did three different printings before the release date! I couldn't help myself, clutching the book to my chest I took it up to the counter and purchased it (for a now very happy and surprised friend!), telling the very friendly and helpful bookstore attendant my find (knowing she herself was a huge Sanderson fan). It was crazy, it was awesome and the rush of excitement of finding a first printing was amazing!

But that is not where my story ends... I've moved away from Canberra but I've come back to town this weekend and as always, I popped into my local boookstore, the same lovely bookstore attendant was on and she was helpfully making recomendations when she noticed they had gotten in another hard cover USA copy of The Way of Kings, knowing what I had found previously she flicked through the book, only to discover that it was also a first printing, she instantly clutched it to her chest with a look of glee. What are the chances of not one but two first printings to be found on the other side of the world from where they were printed two years after the book was released?! I just had to share my amazing story with you guys!

Anyone else had a cool find like this?

• 7 months later...
  • Chaos locked this topic