'Ello Ganchos!

Sirce Luckwielder

I just made an account today, but I have been reading 17th Shard for a long time. Way to go everybody and network and theorize the heck out of the cosmere. Bravo!

Even though I have already posted a few times, I have a few questions on the more mundane aspects of the website:

How do I add hyperlinks to my posts?

How do I add pictures to my posts?

How do I quote multiple posts or part of another post?

How do I make spoiler tags?

Sorry if these sre painfully easy to answer and they can be found somewhere else, I just haven't been able to find it as of yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1a. On mobile, it works like this: "[url#]hyperlink text[/url#]" (Except without the hashtags. I just put those there so it wouldn't close. Example: (linking to your profile) hyperlink text

1b. On desktop, you just select the text you want to hyperlink, then click the little button that looks like a chain with a little green thing to its side. A dialog box will pop up, and you paste the link there.

2. No clue because I never do it.

3a. Single Quote. Click or tap the button in the lower right-hand corner of any post that says "quote". It will open in the reply box below.

3b. Multi-quote. Click or tap the button in the lower right-hand corner of As many posts as you want that says "multi-quote". When finished, click the button in the lower right-hand corner of your screen that says "reply to x posts". It will open in the reply box.

3c. Manual Entry. Like this: "

quote text[/quote#]" (again without the hashtags) Or you can click the quote button on the desktop editing toolbar.

Example:

quote text

4. Like this: "[spoiler#]spoiler text[/spoiler#] (without the hashtags)

Example:

spoiler text

If you have any other questions about formatting, please don't hesitate to ask. Wikipedia BB Codes for a very helpful article.

Edited by Snoopy

For adding images there's a little button if you're using the full(non-mobile) version of the site just below and to the left of the smiley button.
Alternatively you can just copy and paste an image I believe.

Welcome to the insanity of the 17th Shard! Have a welcome cookie and upvote.