Theory: Parshendi form

vietnamabc

From WoK, we knew that Stormform create the Everstorm, so maybe Nightform/Smokeform will create the Night of Sorrows and Decayform will create the Desolation.

Currently, there are 13 forms for the Parshendi, I wonder if we can know the total number of their forms, and whether each form is a counterpart to the respective Knight Radiants's order, like Stormform >< Dustbringer.

Didn't the forms total in the hundreds?

I think we'd run out of Orders.

I do recall seeing that the "old songs" (or something like that) spoke of hundreds of forms.  One would think it would be some multiple of 16, right? 

Didn't the forms total in the hundreds?

I think we'd run out of Orders.

In Eshonai chapters, total forms used to be hundred but I wonder if it reached that number due to combination (Like Binding to 2 different spren), leaving "Prime" forms to be muliplication of 16. 13 forms are what I counted from the epigraphs:

Warform

Mateform

Workform

Nimbleform

Dullform

Scholarform

Artform

Mediationform

Stormform

Decayform

Nightform

Smokeform

Further note, anybody noticed that the layout of the Shatterd Plain itself is disturbingly similar to Elendel: a circular area divided into 8 areas?

Edited by vietnamabc

Presumably there were hundreds of forms because there are thousands of different kinds of spren, and bonding with the spren is what gives them their different forms (though maybe not all spren will work for whatever reason [too much Honor not enough Cultivation?]).  The writer of the WoR Ars Arcanum speculates that there would be 10 forms of voidbinding, I think, one of which is presumably related to Stormform.  Decay, Night, and Smoke forms seem likely to be related as well.  The Coppermind seems to indicate that there are certain types of "voidspren" that the parshendi can bond with to access the "forms of power" like stormform

Voidbinding has ten levels per the ars arcanum, not forms

My assumption would be that each of those levels is related to a form (or two to a form like surgebinding with the radiants), which is related to a voidspren (much like the radiants are each related to a specific kind of spren)

• Chaos locked this topic