Hello 17th Shard!

wills1422

Hi everyone!

I am a somewhat new Brandon Sanderson fan, I have only read "Mistborn" and "The Well of Ascension" and loved them both! I can't wait to move on to The Hero of Ages, but I think I've already decided Sanderson is my favorite author! I have already bought Elantris, and The Way of Kings and will most likely stick to the Cosmere books. And that's another thing that fascinates me about Sanderson, the Cosmere. I can't wait to read more of his books so I can understand it better!

Welcome! The Hero of Ages is one of my favorites. It's an excellent end to the trilogy, and it's a great starting point into the Cosmere. The cosmere was actually first discovered by the general public right after the Hero of Ages release- that's when Brandon mentioned a couple of things and the fandom started putting things together. 

Welcome, and I hope you have a good time here!

Hi everyone!

I am a somewhat new Brandon Sanderson fan, I have only read "Mistborn" and "The Well of Ascension" and loved them both! I can't wait to move on to The Hero of Ages, but I think I've already decided Sanderson is my favorite author! I have already bought Elantris, and The Way of Kings and will most likely stick to the Cosmere books. And that's another thing that fascinates me about Sanderson, the Cosmere. I can't wait to read more of his books so I can understand it better!

Wabreaker. Now.

Indignance at overlooking (in my opinion) the best Cosmere nvoel aside... welcome! The Cosmere is a really fascinating concept; I love those kind of shared universe stories, and it's neat to see one build up from this early onward. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Wabreaker. Now.

Indignance at overlooking (in my opinion) the best Cosmere nvoel aside... welcome! The Cosmere is a really fascinating concept; I love those kind of shared universe stories, and it's neat to see one build up from this early onward. Hope you enjoy your stay!

1 hour? Pop quiz? I didn't study! Anyway I didn't overlook it, I am getting it for Christmas, I'll probably read it before WoK just because of length. It will be a struggle to spend more time with my family with all of this Sanderson I have to read! Thanks for the recommendation!

also I have to read Hero of Ages first

Edited by wills1422

I have already bought Elantris, and The Way of Kings and will most likely stick to the Cosmere books. 

You say that now, but just wait until you have read all four Mistborn, both Stormlight Archive, Elantris, Warbreaker, Emperor's Soul, Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell, Sixth of the Dusk, The Eleventh Metal, The Hope of Elantris, and all the deleted scenes and annotations on Brandon's website.  

The hunger doesn't stop.  Rithmatist is going to start looking pretty good.

Don't listen to him! The cookies are delicious and completely spike free! Take the cookie....eat the cookie...yessssss....

Sometimes I wonder how many more members we would have on this forum if we didn't have our terrifying Dark Alley.