[Dan Wells] Thoughts? Comments? Observations?

In other news, I just got the ebook :D

So, I am just in the second chapter, but I figure since it is finally released we should have a super-cool thread on it. Now, all you Dan Wells fans, pipe up so this section of the boards can be slightly less pathetic! We should go for at *least* Stormblessed level of activty on this section of the forums

So. As the title states, anyone have anything they want to talk about concerning the amazing Mr. Wells' newest release?

Yeah, that book is one serious ride. It caught me in the prologue, and kept me hooked all the way to the end.

And there was some amazing foreshadowing about half-way through. I knew it was important when I read it, and it made sense when I reread that bit again after finishing, but wow.

I think the thing that impressed me most was how well Dan combined real schizophrenia with the real speculative fiction aspects. The insanity reflected the equally-bizarre reality in odd ways, but unlike many books with a similar premise, he really was honestly insane.

• 4 weeks later...

I finished reading it yesterday and I loved it. I agree with happyman. The balance between the honest portrayal of schizophrenia and speculative fiction was fantastic. He managed to have an unreliable narrator that we could still trust and sympathize with. I loved the ending. It was very sweet and poignant.

• 2 months later...

It caught me in the prologue, and kept me hooked all the way to the end.

I was the same way. This was a great book. I couldn't stop reading it... and I really enjoyed the way he tied everything up in a neat little bow at the end, and made all of the pieces fit.

Although a couple of the reveals I already knew (See: Vanek) but I was disappointed in knowing. I was happy that I figured something out for certain! It was great. :3

This is actually the first Dan Wells book I've read, but now I'm going to run and read the rest of them.

I was the same way. This was a great book. I couldn't stop reading it... and I really enjoyed the way he tied everything up in a neat little bow at the end, and made all of the pieces fit.

Although a couple of the reveals I already knew (See: Vanek) but I was disappointed in knowing. I was happy that I figured something out for certain! It was great. :3

This is actually the first Dan Wells book I've read, but now I'm going to run and read the rest of them.

Warning: This one is much more light-hearted than his other work. If that sounds unlikely given the subject of the book, well, it isn't. You've been warned.