Woman of Mystery.

Sacr0sanct

I was re-reading WOR I noticed a throw-away comment by Wit. Somthing along the lines of

"...[find a woman of my age?] that might be a little harder. I think there is only one of those around these parts, and she and I never get along..."

Drawing a blank, any thoughts on who this might be?

Would that imply that Wit is as old Cultivation..?

I'm not 100% up to date with my cosknowledge, but I assume she's ancient- as most shard holders seem to be...

Anyway, if Wit was as old as that suggests- would that mean he's storing his youtfulness (like the lord ruler?) Or through some other magic system...? Perhaps his appearance is lightwoven...

I imagine this subject has been glossed over before, but this might be another point to support it

Otherwise, I'm sure a lot people don't get along with wit who are female- so it must be someone ancient, right? Perhaps a Greatshell? Wit has a tendency to talk to the local fauna... :3

Or perhaps he's referring to another worldhopper- could this criteria apply to anyone? (I admit that I don't know a lot of worldhoppers... .3.; )

Edited by Unodus

He spoke of sharing a drink with Tanavast, so there's that.

Hrm... it does get into the definition of "age" though, doesn't it? I believe we have WoB that Hoid has passed at least some time via time dilation. If I recall correctly, he says "Hoid has not lived all the time" that's passed. So... is he still as old as someone who has experience all that time?

Let's say my friend is six months older than me. Let's say that I somehow managed to jury-rig up a bendalloy machine, and overnight I spend an entire year in a bubble. For the sake of example let's say this year gets me from 15 to 16. I just aged a year, subjectively to myself. I got a few inches taller, started growing a beard. I'm obviously now older than my buddy. But by the calendar, he's still six months older than I am. Which of us is really older? Is it simply the objective passage of time since our respective births, or is it the subjective time we've experienced?

I suppose, in the scale of things, Hoid is likely FAR closer to her in age than to any typical mortal, so by that metric he's "around her age" the way I'm "around the age" of my buddy who is six months older.

He spoke of sharing a drink with Tanavast, so there's that.

Hrm... it does get into the definition of "age" though, doesn't it? I believe we have WoB that Hoid has passed at least some time via time dilation. If I recall correctly, he says "Hoid has not lived all the time" that's passed. So... is he still as old as someone who has experience all that time?

Let's say my friend is six months older than me. Let's say that I somehow managed to jury-rig up a bendalloy machine, and overnight I spend an entire year in a bubble. For the sake of example let's say this year gets me from 15 to 16. I just aged a year, subjectively to myself. I got a few inches taller, started growing a beard. I'm obviously now older than my buddy. But by the calendar, he's still six months older than I am. Which of us is really older? Is it simply the objective passage of time since our respective births, or is it the subjective time we've experienced?

I suppose, in the scale of things, Hoid is likely FAR closer to her in age than to any typical mortal, so by that metric he's "around her age" the way I'm "around the age" of my buddy who is six months older.

That depends on whether you want to judge based on chronology (based on date of birth) or biology(your body's age). Based on chronology, your friend is still older than you, however, based on biology you are older. So, depending on how you look at it, Hoid could be Cultivation's age, or he could be younger. I tend to judge based on the situation. In this case, I would go with chronology because they are both so old that it probably won't matter that Hoid has skipped some time.

• Chaos locked this topic