Legion: my thoughts I guess

I just finished binge-reading the three Legion novellas, and honestly... I wasn't expecting to love them as much as I did. I went in expecting to be intrigued by the concept of someone who's hallucinations help him solve crimes, but instead I came to love the hallucinations themselves.

The ending of Lies of the Beholder was one of the few stories that managed to pull at my heartstrings like it did, especially when he took the photo in the limo. 

I don't know how Sanderson does it, but my word he's a master at it.

10 hours ago, CuratorOTL IG said:

I just finished binge-reading the three Legion novellas, and honestly... I wasn't expecting to love them as much as I did. I went in expecting to be intrigued by the concept of someone who's hallucinations help him solve crimes, but instead I came to love the hallucinations themselves.

The ending of Lies of the Beholder was one of the few stories that managed to pull at my heartstrings like it did, especially when he took the photo in the limo. 

I don't know how Sanderson does it, but my word he's a master at it.

I too loved the Legion stories. Absolutely hooked from the moment the last empty seat was filled in the plane in Legion. Just be glad you didn't have to wait for the second and third story like some of us (2012, 2014, 2018 - it was a long four years).  Now the Ultimate question:

Spoiler

Have you also read Perfect State? (slight spoil/teaser)

Spoiler

Walters and Ostman Detention Enterprises

Hinted, not technically confirmed. WoB (Perfect State spoilers):

Spoiler

Genabackan

Does the VR tech in Legion eventually evolve into the one we see in Perfect State; do they take place in the same universe?

Brandon Sanderson

If you look closely at the last Legion book, there is a strong clue about this.

Skyward Pre-Release AMA (Oct. 4, 2018)

11 hours ago, Treamayne said:

I too loved the Legion stories. Absolutely hooked from the moment the last empty seat was filled in the plane in Legion. Just be glad you didn't have to wait for the second and third story like some of us (2012, 2014, 2018 - it was a long four years).  Now the Ultimate question:

Hide contents

Have you also read Perfect State? (slight spoil/teaser)

Reveal hidden contents

Walters and Ostman Detention Enterprises

Hinted, not technically confirmed. WoB (Perfect State spoilers):

Reveal hidden contents

Genabackan

Does the VR tech in Legion eventually evolve into the one we see in Perfect State; do they take place in the same universe?

Brandon Sanderson

If you look closely at the last Legion book, there is a strong clue about this.

Skyward Pre-Release AMA (Oct. 4, 2018)

I have not yet read Perfect State. Do you know where I could find it? I got the three book collection from a BAM near me, and I don't think I saw the Fourth book there

2 hours ago, CuratorOTL IG said:

I have not yet read Perfect State. Do you know where I could find it? I got the three book collection from a BAM near me, and I don't think I saw the Fourth book there

It's not a "fourth" book - it is a stand-alone Novella. Brandon's Website:

Spoiler

Nominated for the 2016 Hugo Award for Best Novella!

From the author of Legion and the #1 New York Times bestselling Stormlight Archivecomes an action-filled novella about privilege, culture clash, and expectations.

God-Emperor Kairominas is lord of all he surveys. He has defeated all foes, has united the entire world beneath his rule, and has mastered the arcane arts. He spends his time sparring with his nemesis, who keeps trying to invade Kai’s world.

Except for today. Today, Kai has to go on a date.

Forces have conspired to require him to meet with his equal—a woman from another world who has achieved just as much as he has. What happens when the most important man in the world is forced to have dinner with the most important woman in the world?

Read Excerpt Here

It may be eBook only (or, at least, I have never seen a physical printing). Though, I think it is planned for his non-Cosmere anthology when/if that gets put together.