Hi I'm new

PaulGDalton

Hi,

I just figured I'd introduce myself, my name is Paul. I work for a plumbing company, but my hours just got cut down to part time. Unfortunately for you, that means I'll most likely be spending a lot of time on here, lol. I hope that it's okay to post here.. if not I'd appreciate it if a mod could move it.

Hi, Paul!  Welcome to the forum!  Actually, we have an Introductions forum already, but this'll be moved probably as soon as one of the mods notices it.

More time not working does seem to translate to more time on the computer, doesn't it?

I'm 65% sure this guy is a spambot.

If he's not, then I offer him my sincere apologies.

Hi, Paul!  Welcome to the forum!  Actually, we have an Introductions forum already, but this'll be moved probably as soon as one of the mods notices it.

More time not working does seem to translate to more time on the computer, doesn't it?

Yeah, I'm quite certain as well. To what purpose, I don't know - it doesn't seem to be selling anything or linking to anything. If this person is, indeed, a real person, then I apologize - and tell them to make a post referencing Brandon Sanderson and/or one of the books, or Kar will bring the BanAxe down on his spambot head.

Yeah, I'm quite certain as well. To what purpose, I don't know - it doesn't seem to be selling anything or linking to anything. If this person is, indeed, a real person, then I apologize - and tell them to make a post referencing Brandon Sanderson and/or one of the books, or Kar will bring the BanAxe down on his spambot head.

The way the post is laid out makes me think it's some kind of personals ad, but... I would expect a spambot to at least list their contact information in the post itself if they were trying to scam you.

It's confusing.

The way the post is laid out makes me think it's some kind of personals ad, but... I would expect a spambot to at least list their contact information in the post itself if they were trying to scam you.

It's confusing.

Could be a failed spambot, i.e. one that doesnt properly work with this specific forum software/layout and failed to post spam info in its profile or something.

Also, the mods could do an IP trace, see if it turns up any significant info, though if its a spambot from some kind of virus and/or spyware this would turn up nothing of note, it would just look like some dude posting from his house.

Though if its posted from countries famous for spam (nigeria, anyone?) that could get us somewhere.

• Chaos locked this topic