Ask Faerie Braids Anything!

Faerie Braids

I have been meaning to make one of these for a while, so, for my 100th post, I present:

Ask me anything* and everything*!

*In the possible event that I don't feel comfortable answering a question, I may provide a (hopefully entertaining) lie in bolded purple text...I don't know why I just thought of that, but it seems like more fun than simply ignoring the question!

57 minutes ago, Faerie Braids said:

I have been meaning to make one of these for a while, so, for my 100th post, I present:

Ask me anything* and everything*!

*In the possible event that I don't feel comfortable answering a question, I may provide a (hopefully entertaining) lie in bolded purple text...I don't know why I just thought of that, but it seems like more fun than simply ignoring the question!

what is the name you wish you had?

If you have one.

6 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

if you could read a book that was insanely personalized to yourself describe it. (genera, style, size, pov's, etc.)?

That is an excellent question! Honestly, Stormlight feels like the most personalized series I have actually read, so I will be drawing lots of inspiration from that. For genre, it would be a secondary world fantasy (No Earth allowed! :P), with mostly non-standard worldbuilding, but several pieces of traditional fantasy that I really like (Fey Folk, unicorns, shapeshifters, elemental beings, treefolk, the list goes on). Magic would definitely have structure, but I think it would be overall softer than Brandon's magic systems. Books would be longer, in the 800-1000+ pages range, but would still hold tension and drive. I want a decent number of POV characters, around 4-6 of 'em, that feel very different from each other, but all are compelling and relatable, with multiple of them being LGBTQ+, and multiple of them being neurodivergent. Romance is very much appreciated, so long as it does not take over the plot all the time. I don't have anything specific in mind for the plot itself, but there would definitely be Sanderlanches. The prose style would be on the clear/concise side, overall, but there would be plenty of room for more dreamy or artistic description. As for book structure, I love interludes, epigraphs, prologues, multiple "parts" that have distinct POVs and sub-arcs, so it would pretty much be the exact same structure as Stormlight. Finally, there would be plentiful interior illustrations, and the book itself would be hardcover, but with the cover art printed on the book itself (I can't stand dustjackets). 

Sorry for such a rambling reply; your question was very thought-provoking! 

1 hour ago, Faerie Braids said:

That is an excellent question! Honestly, Stormlight feels like the most personalized series I have actually read, so I will be drawing lots of inspiration from that. For genre, it would be a secondary world fantasy (No Earth allowed! :P), with mostly non-standard worldbuilding, but several pieces of traditional fantasy that I really like (Fey Folk, unicorns, shapeshifters, elemental beings, treefolk, the list goes on). Magic would definitely have structure, but I think it would be overall softer than Brandon's magic systems. Books would be longer, in the 800-1000+ pages range, but would still hold tension and drive. I want a decent number of POV characters, around 4-6 of 'em, that feel very different from each other, but all are compelling and relatable, with multiple of them being LGBTQ+, and multiple of them being neurodivergent. Romance is very much appreciated, so long as it does not take over the plot all the time. I don't have anything specific in mind for the plot itself, but there would definitely be Sanderlanches. The prose style would be on the clear/concise side, overall, but there would be plenty of room for more dreamy or artistic description. As for book structure, I love interludes, epigraphs, prologues, multiple "parts" that have distinct POVs and sub-arcs, so it would pretty much be the exact same structure as Stormlight. Finally, there would be plentiful interior illustrations, and the book itself would be hardcover, but with the cover art printed on the book itself (I can't stand dustjackets). 

Sorry for such a rambling reply; your question was very thought-provoking! 

interesting. i would have to agree in most places. don't worry about the rambling.