Greetings

Bunyod

Hello all!

I'm new here. From far away country - Uzbekistan. Currently working in China. Got my degree in USA. Lived 3 years in Thailand. So that's a lot of geography for one person.

Love fantasy. Can't wait to get Memory of Light. Hate waiting though :) therefore, here is my question:

When do you think the last book of Stormlight Archives will be published? ;-)

P.S. I wonder, is there a profession for people with great fantasy world building abilities and poor writing skills?

Hey there Bunyod, great to have such a seasoned traveller as yourself :D

Well Brandon said he wanted to do 2 Stormlight books in every 3 years. AMoL is going to push Stormlight 2 back to 2014 I would think, then ~'17 for #4 , all the way up to maybe 2030 for #10?

Welcome again Bunyod! It's good to have some international posters in the forums. What did you get your degree in? Anyway you had some really excellent questions in the Stormlight thread!

Wow Joe, I think you just made me cry a little bit, haha. 2030 is so far away. Did you factor in the interim period between 1-5 and 6-10 plot arcs? Brandon wants to write the Mistborn 2 Trilogy there, since there is a small gap in time between those two arcs. So that's three more years at least. :(

Welcome again Bunyod! It's good to have some international posters in the forums. What did you get your degree in? Anyway you had some really excellent questions in the Stormlight thread!

Wow Joe, I think you just made me cry a little bit, haha. 2030 is so far away. Did you factor in the interim period between 1-5 and 6-10 plot arcs? Brandon wants to write the Mistborn 2 Trilogy there, since there is a small gap in time between those two arcs. So that's three more years at least. :(

Thanks Joe and Windrunner,

I got my degree in Business Administration. If you really like that thread, please don't be greedy and press the green "+" sign below it :)

As for time frame of 2030... :) That surely is something. Actually, if it takes 3 years per book, it'll be 2040 :) Lmao.

Edited by Bunyod

As for time frame of 2030... :) That surely is something. Actually, if it takes 3 years per book, it'll be 2040 :) Lmao.

I went to a signing he did in Houston for AoL, ha said then that stormlight 2 would probably be out sometime in 2013. I don't think we'll have to wait until 2014, he is going to go straight into it after WoT is finished.

Also, it is 2 books every three years, so if book two comes out in 2013 then *mathing* the last one would be out in either 2025 or 2026. Still, though... WoW :blink:

The distance between the release of book 1 and book 10 will be almost as long as I have been alive, not to mention I think I heard somewhere he might take a break between the two arcs of five.

BY the way, welcome to the forum! Great to have you, watch out for spikes!

Also, it is 2 books every three years, so if book two comes out in 2013 then *mathing* the last one would be out in either 2025 or 2026. Still, though... WoW :blink:

Yeah, I rounded up to give chance for the Elantris anniversary in 2015, and I'm going to say the second Mistborn trilogy in between Stormlight 5 and 6, but tbh I completely forgot about that :P

• Chaos locked this topic