Starfall - A Love RP

Thaidakar the Ghostblood

1 minute ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"And I did too. Even if this star were to never fall upon us, still such a life is beyond me. You should reach for it while you still can, Envoy."

"I cannot, and never was able to." In that moment, Mae saw something for the first time. When Envoy spoke, there was no movement under his mask.

9 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I cannot, and never was able to." In that moment, Mae saw something for the first time. When Envoy spoke, there was no movement under his mask.

Mae softened her voice.

"How long have you been here?" She asked gently.

55 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Not quite. But if you may, speak that answer."

"Twenty-four years, one hundred and fifty-seven days, thirteen hours, fifteen minutes, and..." He paused. "Twelve seconds. Give or take. Or, alternatively, a few months."

For the record, he doesn't necessarily look either of those ages :P

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Twenty-four years, one hundred and fifty-seven days, thirteen hours, fifteen minutes, and..." He paused. "Twelve seconds. Give or take. Or, alternatively, a few months."

Mae stared into the distance.

There was a moment of silence.

"I feel as if I have not ever lived. And yet, simultaneously as if I've lived a million lives and more."

2 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Mae stared into the distance.

There was a moment of silence.

"I feel as if I have not ever lived. And yet, simultaneously as if I've lived a million lives and more."

"I... might know that feeling better than you'd guess." He again looked up at the sky.

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I... might know that feeling better than you'd guess." He again looked up at the sky.

"But what of it? I have learned nothing, yet I have learned too much. I have seen only days and nights alike, but then again I've seen everything. I can speak of nothing, write of everything. I know far more than I'd like, but enough to know that I know nothing, really."

8 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"But what of it? I have learned nothing, yet I have learned too much. I have seen only days and nights alike, but then again I've seen everything. I can speak of nothing, write of everything. I know far more than I'd like, but enough to know that I know nothing, really."

He looked her in the eyes. "There is value in your self perception. Nothing about that is too different from other people, but understanding it in yourself is good, if... difficult."

4 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He looked her in the eyes. "There is value in your self perception. Nothing about that is too different from other people, but understanding it in yourself is good, if... difficult."

"I cannot stay here. I cannot stay with him, and I cannot stay with you. I have a ticket, I leave tomorrow evening. To where, I will not say. Regardless if I have a month or a year, I am starting anew, with none of my past behind me. And if my child is born, let my life never influence theirs. And let us go far far away, where no one can find us."

She paused for a moment.

"But fear not, though I will not contact anyone, my sister will know where I am."

1 minute ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"I cannot stay here. I cannot stay with him, and I cannot stay with you. I have a ticket, I leave tomorrow evening. To where, I will not say. Regardless if I have a month or a year, I am starting anew, with none of my past behind me. And if my child is born, let my life never influence theirs. And let us go far far away, where no one can find us."

She paused for a moment.

"But fear not, though I will not contact anyone, my sister will know where I am."

For the briefest moment, something new flashed in Envoy's eyes, unmistakable and intense. Fear. It was gone in an instant, but it was there. "I... imagine I cannot convince you to do otherwise. I hope it will be best for you."

7 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

For the briefest moment, something new flashed in Envoy's eyes, unmistakable and intense. Fear. It was gone in an instant, but it was there. "I... imagine I cannot convince you to do otherwise. I hope it will be best for you."

"I will leave this world behind. For as long as I can."

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What do you wish a respite from, then?"

"Can't you guess? This. All of this. This life. These people. This place. My family, my title, my situation. All of it. I want to be someone else entirely, in the little time I have left."

4 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Can't you guess? This. All of this. This life. These people. This place. My family, my title, my situation. All of it. I want to be someone else entirely, in the little time I have left."

He nodded. "I see. What do you think I should do?"