SmilingPanda19

Available Flights  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Flights

• Phantom - Flightleader: ‘Whiplash’- Flight 358
    • Obsidian - Flightleader: ‘Lord’ - Flight 359

6 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

“No, I don’t,” Lilac says, quiet once more. “But I would like to.”

"Well news flash!" He steps forward, still gripping his necklace with his hand balled in a fist over it. "You don't! Nobody wants to know me! Nobody cares about me! Nobody loves me! Everyone who loves me left me or is dead- DEAD!" He screams at her, glittering tears welling up in his eyes. "Nobody wants a stupid orphaned street servant! Nobody wants a little artsy boy with a dream! Everybody wants a first citizens son- everybody loves a perfect little fighter pilot! Well you know what?" He steps forward, staring right into her eyes and shouting into her face harshly. "I don't want to even love myself!" He huffs, his breaths shaking and tears on the edge of his eyes. His bandaged hands shake. 

Edited by SmilingPanda19

“SHUT UP!” Aria screams back. “SHUT UP. STOP BEING SO ENTITLED. YOU CAN SAY THINGS LIKE THIS! YOU CAN SAY THINGS LIKE HOW YOU DONT LOVE YOURSELF BECAUSE THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE WHO DOES. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU. No one wants you? THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE? IF THEY DIDNT WANT YOU HERE, THEY WOULDVE REMOVED YOU. BUT YOU’RE A FLIGHTLEADER AND A GOOD PILOT. YOU CANT SAY YOU HAVE NOTHING.”

She takes a deep breath.

”At least you’re wanted in a place you can excel. At least someone wants you somewhere. At least someone wants you to exist.”

5 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

“SHUT UP!” Aria screams back. “SHUT UP. STOP BEING SO ENTITLED. YOU CAN SAY THINGS LIKE THIS! YOU CAN SAY THINGS LIKE HOW YOU DONT LOVE YOURSELF BECAUSE THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE WHO DOES. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU. No one wants you? THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE? IF THEY DIDNT WANT YOU HERE, THEY WOULDVE REMOVED YOU. BUT YOU’RE A FLIGHTLEADER AND A GOOD PILOT. YOU CANT SAY YOU HAVE NOTHING.”

She takes a deep breath.

”At least you’re wanted in a place you can excel. At least someone wants you somewhere. At least someone wants you to exist.”

He lets go of a breath, seeing her scream at him hurts him deeply inside somehow. He lets her scream, taking it for a moment before lowering his voice to a murmur. 

"You are foolish to think I don't understand pain. You are so so foolish. I am no special person. I am no son of any stupid first citizen. I am street rat. I am servant boy. I am an orphan. I am a liar. " He looks at her a moment and realizes what he has admitted. His face moves to a shock. Stupid stupid stupid! How could he do this- he is ruining himself. 

1 minute ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

He lets go of a breath, seeing her scream at him hurts him deeply inside somehow. He lets her scream, taking it for a moment before lowering his voice to a murmur. 

"You are foolish to think I don't understand pain. You are so so foolish. I am no special person. I am no son of any stupid first citizen. I am street rat. I am servant boy. I am an orphan. I am a liar. " He looks at her a moment and realizes what he has admitted. His face moves to a shock. Stupid stupid stupid! How could he do this- he is ruining himself. 

*gasps*

HE MADE FUN OF LEN FOR NO REASON?!?!

Also, Lotus, want to have Len and Junior meet :) 

@Lotus Blossom

2 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

Aria's eyes widen for a brief moment, before realization sets in.

She doesn't say anything for a second.

"A liar? The only person you're lying to is yourself. By saying you are only those things." She takes a step forward. "Do you think that I haven't heard the voices in my head? That I'm stupid, insane, untalented, worthless, disgusting, ugly? But if you listen hard enough, it's not really your voice, is it? It's what everyone has told you to think. We all become the same people, in the end. When the media we consume, the sights we see, and the people we meet start blurring together... so do we. But stop. Stop and look. Stop and listen. You need to notice that when you dance, you are not the one making the music. When we sing, we sing off of a script. And when we call ourselves rats and servants and orphans and liars, it is because that is what everyone else has told us. It is not what we are. It is what they want us to be."

She presses her lips together.

"Is that who you want to be?"

1 minute ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Aria's eyes widen for a brief moment, before realization sets in.

She doesn't say anything for a second.

"A liar? The only person you're lying to is yourself. By saying you are only those things." She takes a step forward. "Do you think that I haven't heard the voices in my head? That I'm stupid, insane, untalented, worthless, disgusting, ugly? But if you listen hard enough, it's not really your voice, is it? It's what everyone has told you to think. We all become the same people, in the end. When the media we consume, the sights we see, and the people we meet start blurring together... so do we. But stop. Stop and look. Stop and listen. You need to notice that when you dance, you are not the one making the music. When we sing, we sing off of a script. And when we call ourselves rats and servants and orphans and liars, it is because that is what everyone else has told us. It is not what we are. It is what they want us to be."

She presses her lips together.

"Is that who you want to be?"

"No..." He whispers. He stares at her for a moment. He just watches her eyes. "P-please don't tell anyone." He chokes a little. 

1 minute ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

"No..." He whispers. He stares at her for a moment. He just watches her eyes. "P-please don't tell anyone." He chokes a little. 

Aria sighs.

"I'm not that kind of person."

Her eyes are still. She is being honest.

"But I do know now, and that's not going to change. So... I might be the only person who will be able to say this to you."

She takes a breath.

"Even if you're not special or the son of a first citizen, even if you're a street rat and a servant boy and an orphan and a liar, you will always be worth knowing. You will always have worth, because we all do. We all have our little melodies, hidden in the beat of our hearts. When you're lost, remember that. Remember the songs that you've created. They... they help you find your way. When you don't even know what direction is."

She turns to go.

"I'm sorry."

Just now, SymphonianBookworm said:

Aria sighs.

"I'm not that kind of person."

Her eyes are still. She is being honest.

"But I do know now, and that's not going to change. So... I might be the only person who will be able to say this to you."

She takes a breath.

"Even if you're not special or the son of a first citizen, even if you're a street rat and a servant boy and an orphan and a liar, you will always be worth knowing. You will always have worth, because we all do. We all have our little melodies, hidden in the beat of our hearts. When you're lost, remember that. Remember the songs that you've created. They... they help you find your way. When you don't even know what direction is."

She turns to go.

"I'm sorry."

"I- wait-" He reaches out his hand to her. He doesn't know what to say. 

3 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Ope wait one sec, I've been called on to be the monster. Again. :P 

4 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

At that moment, Len walked in, still whistling. He saw them and stopped walking.

7 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

At that moment, Len walked in, still whistling. He saw them and stopped walking.

HELP THIS IS GIVING THE AWKWARD TIME I WALKED IN ON PEOPLE TALKING BADLY ABOUT ME-

Aria pauses, almost as though she wants to turn back to Jock, before seeing Len and freezing.

"Um. Hi?" 

Just now, SymphonianBookworm said:

Aria pauses, almost as though she wants to turn back to Jock, before seeing Len and freezing.

"Um. Hi?" 

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"Uhm- you- hi-" He realizes how this looks. "This isn't what it looks like- I was just showing her some art and-"

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Len stopped whistling. "You're in my flight."

"You just realized that?"

Aria put a hand over her mouth.

"I mean.... Yep, flightleader! I'm in your flight. Sorry. I haven't been insulting people for at least the past fifteen minutes. Force of habit. have to get the snarky-ness in. You know."

Spoiler

Someone: "What's the most awkward situation you've been in?"

Me: "So, you're not going to believe me, but-"

Edited by SymphonianBookworm

"You just realized that?"

Aria put a hand over her mouth.

"I mean.... Yep, flightleader! I'm in your flight. Sorry. I haven't been insulting people for at least the past fifteen minutes. Force of habit. have to get the snarky-ness in. You know."

"And what were you doing with him if not insulting him? Go back to the barracks."

5 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"And what were you doing with him if not insulting him? Go back to the barracks."

2 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

"No wait- please I just want to talk with her a little more-" He places her hand on her shoulder. 

Aria goes still at the touch, before straightening and blinking at Len. "Oh, I wasn't kissing Jock. Just so you know. We were just discussing the meaning of conformity. I think that it's a very important discussion to have with all people I spend time around. I have to study for my insults. That requires me to know people."

Aria glanced back at Jock, gave the subtlest of winks, before turning back to Len, looking condescending. "I've collected enough information. Heading to the barracks! Yep. Barracks. Love the barracks. So... cozy. Boring. I mean, not boring. Most definitely not. It's just that the barracks don't have anyone interesting... and i'm very easily bored... and there was paint over here... so..."

3 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

"No wait- please I just want to talk with her a little more-" He places her hand on her shoulder. 

"Do you now?" Len snorted. "Obsidian looks out for our own. You and your kind don't."

Aria goes still at the touch, before straightening and blinking at Len. "Oh, I wasn't kissing Jock. Just so you know. We were just discussing the meaning of conformity. I think that it's a very important discussion to have with all people I spend time around. I have to study for my insults. That requires me to know people."

Aria glanced back at Jock, gave the subtlest of winks, before turning back to Len, looking condescending. "I've collected enough information. Heading to the barracks! Yep. Barracks. Love the barracks. So... cozy. Boring. I mean, not boring. Most definitely not. It's just that the barracks don't have anyone interesting... and i'm very easily bored... and there was paint over here... so..."

Len waited for Aria to leave. As soon as she was out of eyesight, he stepped closer to Jock. "Don't mess around with my flight, Phantom."

Just now, Edema Rue said:

"Do you now?" Len snorted. "Obsidian looks out for our own. You and your kind don't."

Len waited for Aria to leave. As soon as she was out of eyesight, he stepped closer to Jock. "Don't mess around with my flight, Phantom."

2 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

He squeezes her shoulder slightly as she goes and looks up at Len. 

"Shut up. Just because you get someone as great as her on your flight doesn't mean you go protecting a grown woman from everything. She doesn't need protecting, street rat." It hurt to say it, but he said it anyway. Nobody except Aria knows. 

6 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

OOOOOOOOH FIGHTING WORDS.

wait have i left or have i not left-

Edited by SymphonianBookworm