Long Time Lurker; First Time Joiner

Saint Bed

Hey Guys! I've relied on these forums to help me answer my own questions about the Cosmere and how the heck investiture works for a long time. I've decided it's time to finally join though!

To start a conversation, I'm running a Mistborn Adventure Game campaign set in Elendel decades after Mistborn Era 2. In my cannon, there was a war between the Northern and Southern Scadrians a la World War 1/2. In the aftermath of the war Elendel has developed noir vibes with a thriving underground made up of different organized crime families. Two of the players are twinborn private detectives (A-Bronze/F-Nicrosil and A-Tin/F-Gold) and the other is very intelligent heiress who has hired them to find an artifact stolen from her. Beyond this general summary I don't have a ton of details laid out so I'd welcome any discussion and/or speculation!

37 minutes ago, The Sibling said:

Welcome to the shard! That sounds like a really cool campaign!

Thanks! I think it should be pretty fun. The mists naturally create a very noir vibe. My biggest problem at this point is that, as evidenced by this entire forum, as soon as you start really thinking through the details of the Cosmere things get very complicated very quickly. I'm hoping some of you all will be able to help me think through everything!

5 hours ago, Saint Bed said:

To start a conversation, I'm running a Mistborn Adventure Game campaign set in Elendel decades after Mistborn Era 2. In my cannon, there was a war between the Northern and Southern Scadrians a la World War 1/2. In the aftermath of the war Elendel has developed noir vibes with a thriving underground made up of different organized crime families. Two of the players are twinborn private detectives (A-Bronze/F-Nicrosil and A-Tin/F-Gold) and the other is very intelligent heiress who has hired them to find an artifact stolen from her. Beyond this general summary I don't have a ton of details laid out so I'd welcome any discussion and/or speculation!

Wow! Just wow. (And welcome)

5 hours ago, Saint Bed said:

Hey Guys! I've relied on these forums to help me answer my own questions about the Cosmere and how the heck investiture works for a long time. I've decided it's time to finally join though!

Neat! Welcome to the Shard!

I'm thinking of posting some ideas for MAG games at some point (can't promise when I'll do so though), so if you spot it feel more than welcome to include anything in them!

52 minutes ago, The Last Fæ said:

Wow! Just wow. (And welcome)

Thanks! I'm realizing how ambitious this actually is though. It's one thing to be like "wouldn't it be cool to have a noir style detective campaign in Elendel, the mists are such a vibe" and much more complicated to figure out what that actually means for the world for players that have read every Sanderson book multiple times and done deep dives into the Coppermind. There are a ton of cool implications to think about though! Spoiler for Mistborn Era 2

Spoiler

For instance, if there was a world war the south is much more technologically advanced, so the north winning would likely be due to the greater number of allomancers, but what does that look like? Hundreds of rioters and soothers working in tandem to crush the other sides spirit? Coinshots working together to push planes out of the sky? The implications are fascinating and not like anything we've really seen in the Cosmere to this point!

Edited by Saint Bed

Welcome to the shard fellow Newbee~

20 hours ago, Saint Bed said:

Man I'm jealous! I tried to get one of these off the ground a little while back, and just couldn't get the players. Though a Highlight for me was two potinal players wanting to play Terrispeople and my Good friend making a Terris hating Nobleman.

On 11/4/2023 at 5:14 AM, Sophrosyne said:

Welcome to the shard fellow Newbee~

Man I'm jealous! I tried to get one of these off the ground a little while back, and just couldn't get the players. Though a Highlight for me was two potinal players wanting to play Terrispeople and my Good friend making a Terris hating Nobleman.

Thanks! Who knows, if I put all the effort in to planning the world and it falls through I may see if I can find some people from here that would want to join a remote campaign! I’m honestly surprised how interested people seem to be in the concept!