It's all about WAR!

Guest Zucchini

Guest Zucchini

love this site and others, I love being able to discuss theories and pontificate on what might happen.

I dont have the book in front of me, but I remember something about how people were peaceful and then eveyone was fixated on war.

We know that Brandon has huge complex worlds with incredible nuances...so Im trying to think big here:

People began becoming more and more warlike because of some kind of influence of Odium. They said voidbrings are similar to evil spren so what Im thinking is that odium started changing the ideas and culture to perpertuate violence and conquest and warfare to feed or watch the 'harmonics" of death or death spren or evil spren.

When leaders and the people etc began to become more warlike and fighting not for justice, honor and defense but for sport and wealth. So the raidents cast down their weapons and refused to contribute to the Odium warlike harmonics. Or something like that.

And Dalinar will be a stormwarden in the next book (precognition of storms, etc), and Syl will CHOOSE to enter a forged spear (shardspear not blade) for Kaladin but still be able to talk to him. (talking weapon). Kaladin will fly with the storms like he deamed about while sitting on his roof in the rain with Tien and his mom.

Oh and the stormlight and spren are the "essense" of the murdered almighty...hes not dead, just spread out or incorperal or something.

I think when the merchents were bringing the PURE metal that was made from students soulcasting garbage and not "mining" or harming the rock or metal (stone shamans or something, dont want to desecrate stone, dont want to walk on stone) they use this untainted metal to grow...shardplate. The Parshendi grow shardplate. Thats their secret, or one of them.

I think when the merchents were bringing the PURE metal that was made from students soulcasting garbage and not "mining" or harming the rock or metal (stone shamans or something, dont want to desecrate stone, dont want to walk on stone) they use this untainted metal to grow...shardplate. The Parshendi grow shardplate. Thats their secret, or one of them.

You are confusing the Shen and the Parshendi. (I did too, at first). The Shen want pure metal, and they might well be making Plate. The Parshendi grow carapace armor, which is more like very hard wood.

Guest Zucchini

Yes yes, now that I have the book in front of me.

It's the shin who wanted the soulcast metal for the chickens. Somehow my mind connected Parshmen with Pashendi with paSHENdi, or Shin.

But yes, now that IM paging through the book, I see Szeth say somthing like, Murder is wrong, and Kaladin while riding the winds in his dream and visting the other cities he asks the face WHy must we fight? Why must we be at war?

So theres something about killing for honor or kiling for the wrong reasons that spren are sensitive to, Syl even says Ive helped kill before, this killing would be alright other killings I have a problem with.

So after the last battle with the Voidbringers, killing people became for wealth and manuvering and not for honor and thats wht the Radients refused to use their blades anymore, because the killing wasnt honorable.

So perhaps Szeth was a leader or King and his people grew the shardplate and shardblades from their relationship with spren, and whoever used their weapons they called thruthless and they were the truthFUL. But when something happened, King sZeth had to do the only thing he could to try and save his people, he manifested a blade, making him truthless and exileing him forever.

Edited by Zucchini

• Chaos locked this topic