So: Sunhearts are created by leaving people in the sun, and their natural resistance to Investiture makes them burn and collect Investiture. So, in theory, anything Invested that would be left to the sun in Canticle should be supercharged - if it's left on the ground and has some resistance.

Now, IIRC Singers contain Investiture better due to their gemhearts. The Charred might be similar due to having a Cinderheart instead of a heart. So, what would happen if you leave them in the sun? Is their Investiture resistance lower? Am I just spotting out nonsense?

Also, I'm not sure I understood why the Thaylenian gave such a low amount of Investiture after being burned. Is Connection playing a role here? Why? Would Zellion, if he was burned now, be a normal (maybe supercharged) sunheart?

40 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

So: Sunhearts are created by leaving people in the sun, and their natural resistance to Investiture makes them burn and collect Investiture. So, in theory, anything Invested that would be left to the sun in Canticle should be supercharged - if it's left on the ground and has some resistance.

Now, IIRC Singers contain Investiture better due to their gemhearts. The Charred might be similar due to having a Cinderheart instead of a heart. So, what would happen if you leave them in the sun? Is their Investiture resistance lower? Am I just spotting out nonsense?

Also, I'm not sure I understood why the Thaylenian gave such a low amount of Investiture after being burned. Is Connection playing a role here? Why? Would Zellion, if he was burned now, be a normal (maybe supercharged) sunheart?

I believe the Thaylen man didn't leave much of a sunheart behind because he didn't have the spiritweb mutations that the Threnodites have.

19 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

I believe the Thaylen man didn't leave much of a sunheart behind because he didn't have the spiritweb mutations that the Threnodites have.

Hmm... right, that thing that turns them to Shades. Which is still at work - perhaps only with those of them who don't become sunhearts? And the Shades are somehow drawn to where the other Shades are?

Just now, Trutharchivist said:

Hmm... right, that thing that turns them to Shades. Which is still at work - perhaps only with those of them who don't become sunhearts? And the Shades are somehow drawn to where the other Shades are?

That seems to be what happens. The transformation into sunhearts stops Shades from being born, and the few shades that are created are contained in the Shade containers.

Something similar to this was asked in the reveal livestream:

Daniel McCarthy

Could you charge spheres with this sun?

Brandon Sanderson

You could charge spheres with this sun. If you managed to find spheres that didn't melt. You could also charge White Sand with this sun really easily, and then you would have melted sand.

Secret Project #4 Reveal and Livestream (March 29, 2022)

So, it looks like you could technically leave a gemheart out to be charged, but it would probably also melt after being charged. 

On 10/5/2023 at 3:09 PM, Nameless* said:

That seems to be what happens. The transformation into sunhearts stops Shades from being born, and the few shades that are created are contained in the Shade containers.

Im pretty sure it's clearly stated they get drawn into the reliquaries, my head cannon is that any that don't, just get torched by the sun as well