Quick fact

firstRainbowRose

I wish I had my book on hand haha, but has it even been verified that The Roughs and Elendel are the only places where sentient life can be found on Scadrial? I remember seeing a map of Elendel, but I don't remember seeing a map of the rest of the landscape. Was there such a map?

There was a nice picture of the entire Elendel basin, along with some of the northern roughs. There should be a picture link on Brandon's site somewhere... here we go link

And back to the topic of how fast they could bootstrap themselves up to modern technology, don't forget that they have the benefits of the Words of Founding. We know that it hinted at electricity at least, who knows what else Sazed stuck in there.

Edited by Vauric

Probably not..

What I wonder is, will they be able to divorce human and allomantic power? Create, for example, a metal fueled (focused) electric station? Like the way tech is going in tWoK, where fabrials were originally just machines that mimic KR abilities, and are evolving into something else? Maybe Hemalurgy - powered Allomantic Robots can be created... (Ha! One can dream...)

I figured some kind of fabrial equivalent would probably pop up before they get to FTL space travel, yeah. It'd seem a bit weird to have actual Allomancers moving the ship around, like a modern ship being oar-powered.

Though since using Allomancy explicitly requires that you have a bit of Preservation, I'd guess that any Allomancy-replicating machines would need to have parts made from Lerasium or Hemalurgic spikes. Probably something similar with Feruchemy too.

I figured some kind of fabrial equivalent would probably pop up before they get to FTL space travel, yeah. It'd seem a bit weird to have actual Allomancers moving the ship around, like a modern ship being oar-powered.

I think I like the idea of Metallic Arts never giving anything "Fabrial-like" for this same reason. It really adds some unique flair to have this space-age civilization... which still, in many ways, relies upon (magical) manpower for its greatest works.

• Chaos locked this topic