Howdy Do

Ash

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.  

I'm a new member and a new fan of BS (No that does not stand for an expletive :P )  I have just started reading Brandon's books and love them.  I like that he writes with heart, in that the characters seem to act like real people and are believable even in the crazy situations they find themselves in, which is a true gift IMHO.  I also truly appreciate the originality that he puts into his writing.  

Oh and I'm currently reading Elantris, have read the two big books, the four Mistborn books and The Emperor's Soul.  Great stuff!

Write on BS (Still does not stand for an expletive ha) your work is awesome and that is no BS (Now this does stand for an expletive :D )

Later,

Ash

@Swimmingly  Probably not that much since I don't even know what the word Cosmere stands for though I have read on here that Elantris and SA are both in it.

@Delightful  That is a most difficult question.  Though it is rude to answer a question with a question...I'm gonna do it anyway (Almost zero odds that my mother will ever venture here anyway lol so the chance of getting slapped (for this anyway) is exceedingly low).  

Which work?  I would really have to ponder to choose one from all BS stuff that I have read.

@Swimmingly  Probably not that much since I don't even know what the word Cosmere stands for though I have read on here that Elantris and SA are both in it.

@Delightful  That is a most difficult question.  Though it is rude to answer a question with a question...I'm gonna do it anyway (Almost zero odds that my mother will ever venture here anyway lol so the chance of getting slapped (for this anyway) is exceedingly low).  

Which work?  I would really have to ponder to choose one from all BS stuff that I have read.

Hahaha that's fine :) But that leave me with the decision.......okay, can you choose one from Stormlight Archive, one from Mistborn? Or list like ten, whatever you like. :)

Also. Welcome to the Cosmere and prepare to have your mind blown :)

okay SA....I would say Andolin.  shocked?  well ok then let me get to splainin.  I really didn't like Andolin so much WOK but he grew on me some in WOR until the end of the book.  I won't go into the specifics (spoiler) but he grew so much as a character then.  I really like characters that are human, have depth.  All of us are a little bit of everything, good, bad, somewhere in-between and so on and so forth.  When a character can grow in the story and seem more real, well, that is a kind of magic in itself.

I could also say that I like Kaladin, Shallon and Sveth as well, probably like everyone else, sorry if I mispelled any of those.  I think that is what is so great about the SA books so far, the characters.  The story is interesting, the plot moves, the place is an interesting weird, the magic makes me wish I could vacation there and do some of that stuff and all that, but the characters are interesting, they come alive.  I may even eventually like Dalinar, but well, he's an old codger lol so we shall see.

Mistborn...Vin all day long.  Why?  Cause she is Vin and Vin is awesome all day long!  Vin's business is kicking butt on an industrial strength level and business is good! HA

I also must include Shai.  She has levels and levels and levels...I think I would marry her(if my wife okay-ed it), though I would insist that she go study and do some forging in the red light district first...purely for er Scientific purposes of course...Hey if your gonna wish, shoot for the moon right? All joking aside, Shai is perhaps one of the best written characters that I have had the privilege of reading.  That story was art for sure!!!

So there you go.

• Chaos locked this topic