WoR end chapters (not epilogue) *beware spoilers*

Lyly

Gavilar is dead, there's one...

True, true.

You know, I may have been wrong about all the Kholins dying. I think I notice a pattern with the Kholin deaths. Way of Kings: One Kholin dies. No Kholins are resurrected. Words of Radiance: One Kholin dies. One is resurrected. Stones Unhallowed (hypothetical): One Kholin dies. Two are resurrected. Therefore, some Kholin from the past (possibly Gavilar) will turn out not to have been dead.

Edited by Shaggai

Oh I agree about all this. It's just that none of these things envisioned the concept of "learned" I have in my mind. As I said, it will probably become clearer in the next books. For me, someone who is "learned" seeks knowledge at all cost, which could have been a nice setting for someone like Renarin, unable to fight, but able to find use elsewhere.

I might have brought this up somewhere else, but I consider "learned" to be less about "learning" in the traditional sense and more about learning as a general verb, like spying or scouting out things. Ym certainly fits this mold, with his demanding stories from urchins, and we've had it said in SA that Renarin makes girls uncomfortable because they feel like he's dissecting them with his gaze. Renarin joined Bridge 4, and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it out of a Ym-like desire to know the stories of more people.

I've been thinking of the Truthwatchers as the Radiant's CIA. Elsecallers sound more like the librarians/diplomats.

I've been thinking of the Truthwatchers as the Radiant's CIA. Elsecallers sound more like the librarians/diplomats.

This is interesting. I have never seen it this way: I have always considered "learned" as in "book learned". I agree about Elsecaller being politicians, this is how I have always envisioned them. I love the idea of the Truthwatchers being the CIA of the Radiants. This is something Renarin could be good at. As for getting Bridge 4 stories, I love that as well. If it turns out this way, then Renarin will most likely be the one to get his brother's "story".

#NOMOREDEADKHOLINS2014!!!

Yeah. You said it. No more dead Kohlin, except maybe Elhokar :ph34r: but do not dare touch Dalinar and sons.

• Chaos locked this topic