Hey there!

Hey everyone! 

Recently moved down to South Carolina, 30, married and had some time to read on the beach. A friend introduced me to Sanderson and I could not have become a bigger fan. Safe to say he has become my all time favorite writer across any genre. Over the past year I read every Stormlight Archive book, Arcanum Unbounded, Mistborn Era 1 and just started Mistborn Era 2. Such a cool direction for Brandon to go in.

First question... when should I read Tress?

1 hour ago, RiverBoySC said:

Hey everyone! 

Recently moved down to South Carolina, 30, married and had some time to read on the beach. A friend introduced me to Sanderson and I could not have become a bigger fan. Safe to say he has become my all time favorite writer across any genre. Over the past year I read every Stormlight Archive book, Arcanum Unbounded, Mistborn Era 1 and just started Mistborn Era 2. Such a cool direction for Brandon to go in.

First question... when should I read Tress?

Honestly, I would read it after mostly everything else. That being said, it is a good stand-alone story in its own right, and was made with the intention of being able to be read without spoiling any other books. There are a lot of tie-ins however, and many are integral to the plot. I would certainly love the opinion of someone who read Tress before reading all of the Cosmere, and see how their experience differs. 

In the end, do what you wish. However, since I presume you ain’t stopping Era 2 halfway through, you might as well read the two other stand-alone novels (Warbreaker and Elantris) to finish off the main Cosmere. But you do you!

Thanks for the response here.

So I’ve read Warbreaker and Arcanum loved both. I stayed off Elantris because it seemed like Sanderson even admits it’s less polished in comparison to later work.

I’m going to crush the rest of Era 2!

Also, halfway through the graphic audio of Oathbringer. Loving that format and cast.