Bug Lovers Unite???

Koloss17

Well, I didn’t really see a thread here, and it’s becoming spring here in the states, so I thought that it would be a good time to make a thread.

To preface, I am a mere bug lover, not a full on entomologist. I love, love, love bugs, and actually have some pet isopods! 

But I’m sure there’s more of us out there. Our tiny friends are terribly misunderstood and are insanely cute!

I feel like this would be a great place to post pictures, facts, or just general babble about all things insects/arachnid/other tiny critters! If there’s interest, I can post some of my isopod pictures here ;).

• 8 months later...

Bit of a necro, but... um, yeah.

I am not myself a bug lover, but I know of a place full of 'em: the Butterfly Biosphere at Thanksgiving Point. I have not met a bigger bunch of bug lovers and nerds anywhere. And, to be fair, the stuffed spiders in their gift shop almost make me want to rethink my arachnophobia. :)

18 hours ago, Silver Phantom said:

I also love bugs. I find them so fascinating. Currently been looking into the Weevil. So weird but cool

THE WEEV! I love them so much. Any favorite weevils in particular? I’m a sucker for acorn weevils, and I have the honor of witnessing colonies of giraffe weevils firsthand. Weevils are friends.

On 12/26/2023 at 1:34 PM, Koloss17 said:

THE WEEV! I love them so much. Any favorite weevils in particular? I’m a sucker for acorn weevils, and I have the honor of witnessing colonies of giraffe weevils firsthand. Weevils are friends.

I recently got to go to a butterfly garden and saw a Luna moth in person 

Spoiler

IMG_2186.thumb.jpeg.3d20a50d6f621cf8fec9bcc479056e6d.jpeg

Edited by Silver Phantom

Ooo bugs!!

I like bugs. A lot.

Every year we catch monarch caterpillars and raise them to butterflies, then send them on their way, which is super fun. And I vibe with snails and slugs and rolly pollys and it’s wonderful :)

9 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Ooo bugs!!

I like bugs. A lot.

Every year we catch monarch caterpillars and raise them to butterflies, then send them on their way, which is super fun. And I vibe with snails and slugs and rolly pollys and it’s wonderful :)

Slugs and snails are glorious creatures. Speaking of, have you seen sea slugs? They are absolutely glorious, and are so cool!!

2 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Slugs and snails are glorious creatures. Speaking of, have you seen sea slugs? They are absolutely glorious, and are so cool!!

I have!! They’re scudding adorable!

11 hours ago, Silver Phantom said:

FRIEND!! I want one.

They are legal pretty much anywhere but the US. They are giant African land snails, and they apparently make for great pets! The only reason they can’t be pets in the US is that they are highly invasive.