Hi Everyone!

optimpegasus

5 minutes ago, optimpegasus said:

I'm Optim Pegasus and I am in need of assistance regarding a fan project that I am working on that is related to the cosmere. I don't know the area in which to post my discussion and questions, so I have come here.

Hi and welcome! It depends on the project and what you would like help with. Could you give us more details?

34 minutes ago, Robin Sedai said:

Hi and welcome! It depends on the project and what you would like help with. Could you give us more details?

Sure! Awhile ago, my friends and I decided that I was going to run a ttrpg game for them in a world of my own design. I began to create this world under the impression that it would be it's own individual world, but as I developed it I realized that the premise and magic system I was creating fit the pre-existing mold of a cosmere-like world. So I decided to just commit to it and create the world in the cosmere as my own fan made world. Since I don't want to contradict anything though, and I am still reading through a lot of the pre existing cosmere books, I came here to consult with cosmere experts to see if I can make the world better by learning what is canon and what is theoretical.

23 minutes ago, optimpegasus said:

Sure! Awhile ago, my friends and I decided that I was going to run a ttrpg game for them in a world of my own design. I began to create this world under the impression that it would be it's own individual world, but as I developed it I realized that the premise and magic system I was creating fit the pre-existing mold of a cosmere-like world. So I decided to just commit to it and create the world in the cosmere as my own fan made world. Since I don't want to contradict anything though, and I am still reading through a lot of the pre existing cosmere books, I came here to consult with cosmere experts to see if I can make the world better by learning what is canon and what is theoretical.

Hmm, Cosmere Q&A or Cosmere Discussion would be a good place for any specific questions regarding the Cosmere. If your question is related to only one series, than the subforum for that series would be the best place to post it. For example, questions about Roshar without discussion of the Cosmere at large would go in Stormlight Archive.

If you just want general feedback and help workshopping your ttrpg, you could create a topic in Sanderson Fan Works or Creator's Corner Cor - however, those subforums don't get a ton of interaction, so maybe not a lot of people will be able to give you feedback.

Some useful resources - The Arcanum is a collection of basically everything Brandon has ever said about his books, at signings, conventions, in interviews, etc. The Coppermind is a great wiki all about Brandon's works, there's a lot of useful information on there. Be careful of spoilers, though!

Edited by Robin Sedai