Things that parents/siblings do that infuriates you

That uber sucks. I hate when my siblings walk up to me and deliberately do something that they know annoys me. Then when I inevitably ask them to stop, they switch to a different thing that will annoy me. 

Oh also whenever parents say "just tell me what you're thinking, we won't get mad." After they're yelling at me for one thing or another. Like, yes. You will get mad if I'm telling you what I'm thinking. 

1 minute ago, Morningtide said:

Oh also whenever parents say "just tell me what you're thinking, we won't get mad." After they're yelling at me for one thing or another. Like, yes. You will get mad if I'm telling you what I'm thinking. 

EXACTLY!!! Omg i hate that so much

parents do not trust me o7

they just yesterday (after literal months of begging and literal weeks of providing hard, cold logic) dropped the rule that im not allowed to drive anywhere alone with my gf.

"oh well we didn't let you because we didn't want to put you in that situation."

TF SHE AND I HAVE HAD CONVERSATIONS ABOUT HOW WE BOTH KNOW WE AREN'T GOING TO DO THAT WE NEVER WILL DO THAT WE AREN'T STUPID IT WOULD RUIN OUR LIVES LIKE TF

5 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

EXACTLY!!! Omg i hate that so much

My parents are convinced that after they yell at me the best course of action is to hear my apparently very agreeable and reasonable thoughts about how they can fix their parenting so that they can improve. Problem 1, my thoughts are not reasonable or agreeable at the moment because I just got yelled at. Problem 2, half the time I don't actually care what they say so I really don't have any thoughts. Problem 3, thoughts about how to fix their parenting are absolutely going to make them mad. 

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

I think that all adults just do not understand that teenagers have reasonable brains that are capable of logical thought *shrug* My friends and I have talked about this at length. We are capable and they kinda just don't get it.

11 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

parents think we don't have logical braincells.

i swear my parents thought process was

"he? in car with pretty girl whom he has feelings for??? *GASP* he obv gon do the dirty :OOOOO"

like WTF IS EVEN THAT

Dude parents can be just c r e e p y about boy/girl stuff sometimes. My best friend is a guy, i am AFAB, neither of us have any romantic feelings whatsoever for each other, i just think he's the best and he says he thinks the same and we're besties. But anytime we're alone together, his dad, like, sneaks up on us. We mostly see eachother at church activities, and whenever we duck into a classroom to talk, he sort of watches us weirdly. worst time was when he went outside and around the building and then made a weird face in the window and knocked, and i had been sitting on the table, and i literally fell off. My parents trust me more, but they do keep asking if we like each other, even though i asked them to stop ;-;

Actually i have a lot of problems with my BFF's dad lol, i could make a list (including but not limited to he ripped the Office themed Christmas card i gave to BFF, wouldn't let him read a graphic novel because there was an enby MC but still says he's an ally, always ruins our movie nights by making us invite, like, 14 other people most of whom are BFF's little brother's friends, and a ton of other stuff.)

That turned into a rant sorry ;-;

7 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Dude parents can be just c r e e p y about boy/girl stuff sometimes. My best friend is a guy, i am AFAB, neither of us have any romantic feelings whatsoever for each other, i just think he's the best and he says he thinks the same and we're besties. But anytime we're alone together, his dad, like, sneaks up on us. We mostly see eachother at church activities, and whenever we duck into a classroom to talk, he sort of watches us weirdly. worst time was when he went outside and around the building and then made a weird face in the window and knocked, and i had been sitting on the table, and i literally fell off. My parents trust me more, but they do keep asking if we like each other, even though i asked them to stop ;-;

Actually i have a lot of problems with my BFF's dad lol, i could make a list (including but not limited to he ripped the Office themed Christmas card i gave to BFF, wouldn't let him read a graphic novel because there was an enby MC but still says he's an ally, always ruins our movie nights by making us invite, like, 14 other people most of whom are BFF's little brother's friends, and a ton of other stuff.)

That turned into a rant sorry ;-;

My mom is terrible about this, there was this girl that moved onto our street. We did not really hang out together until another family moved onto the street then we all hung together legit every day. My mom did sewing class and the girl went. I had a little crush on her and she had the same. She moved away with all my friends at the same time. And my mom REALLY liked her. Whenever the topic would come up about me getting married my mom would always say how much she liked that girl and how she wanted me too marry her. I now purposefully avoid that subject because things get very awkward. 

4 hours ago, Witless of Shinovar said:

I legitimately do not think parents have that sense that they might be being really intrusive and downright creepy.

I KNOW! They think it's so funny to repeatedly ask their little kids stuff about relationships but it's fricking not. When i was 11-12 most of my friends were guys and they would not stop p e s t e r i n g me about this one who i certainly did not like. And even if i did, i asked them to stop and they wouldn't! And my mom literally told both my sister's harp teacher AND literally the fricking mom of the guy that we crushed on eachother and liked eachother (and this was after i'd stopped talking to him and avoiding him because he said some really mysogenisitc gross things about me and some homophobic things about my friend). Like it doesn't even make sense! it's one thing for your siblings to do it, though still extremely aggravating, but honestly at one point when my parents were doing it for the 14th time after i'd asked them to stop i actually broke down and started crying. It's so fricking annoying and weird and creepy!

sorry more rant ;-;

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

3 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

I KNOW! They think it's so funny to repeatedly ask their little kids stuff about relationships but it's fricking not. When i was 11-12 most of my friends were guys and they would not stop p e s t e r i n g me about this one who i certainly did not like. And even if i did, i asked them to stop and they wouldn't! And my mom literally told both my sister's harp teacher AND literally the fricking mom of the guy that we crushed on eachother and liked eachother (and this was after i'd stopped talking to him and avoiding him because he said some really mysogenisitc gross things about me and some homophobic things about my friend). Like it doesn't even make sense! it's one thing for your siblings to do it, though still extremely aggravating, but honestly at one point when my parents were doing it for the 14th time after i'd asked them to stop i actually broke down and started crying. It's so fricking annoying and weird and creepy!

sorry more rant ;-;

It sounds like you've had it worse than I have, and it's totally fine for you to rant about this. I hope this has gotten at least some better

2 minutes ago, Witless of Shinovar said:

It sounds like you've had it worse than I have, and it's totally fine for you to rant about this. I hope this has gotten at least some better

And wellll the boy stuff has gotten better

Cept

THey now think i am a lesbian 

Spoiler

i am bisexual and i do not want them to know

win some lose some ig lol

6 hours ago, Morningtide said:

Sounds hard! I'm glad it's gotten at least a bit better.  This is a good place to rant tho! As far as I've seen, everyone on here is really nice and also totally fine with rants. 

Since it seems that it's okay to just kind of rant on here,my parents love to invade my privacy(mostly my mom), so much so that i was literally just minding my own business on the couch and just took my phone that was sitting right next to me, no provocation or anything, just straight up took it and basically just went through it. Long story short my mom found out I was bi and basically just outed me before I was ready. luckily she was okay with it, but she did say a few things that made me feel invalid. She hasn't said anything about it so I guess its fine now? I guess I just needed to vent about that to someone

9 hours ago, Witless of Shinovar said:

Since it seems that it's okay to just kind of rant on here,my parents love to invade my privacy(mostly my mom), so much so that i was literally just minding my own business on the couch and just took my phone that was sitting right next to me, no provocation or anything, just straight up took it and basically just went through it. Long story short my mom found out I was bi and basically just outed me before I was ready. luckily she was okay with it, but she did say a few things that made me feel invalid. She hasn't said anything about it so I guess its fine now? I guess I just needed to vent about that to someone

I feel I need to vent too. Venting actually feels really good. 

My parents decided today that reading does not "give me the sense of fulfillment" that "all humans want". So I need to "limit my reading" to do things that are more "productive" and give me what I apparently want out of life. 

SINCE WHEN DOES FINISHING A BOOK NOT GIVE YOU A SENSE OF FULFILLMENT. And since when do they get to decide what I want out life life and what makes me happy!!!!!!! 

My rant is done now sorry

9 hours ago, Morningtide said:

My parents decided today that reading does not "give me the sense of fulfillment" that "all humans want". So I need to "limit my reading" to do things that are more "productive" and give me what I apparently want out of life. 

SINCE WHEN DOES FINISHING A BOOK NOT GIVE YOU A SENSE OF FULFILLMENT. And since when do they get to decide what I want out life life and what makes me happy!!!!!!! 

My rant is done now sorry

Wow my mom said that reading fantasy negatively impacts my grades and that I really need to take a break. This is just horrible and im like WHAT WHY cause fantasy is the only genre I read. Although I found a way out by reading the Reckoners which I describe as Dystopian.