Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Unsure, and a little frightened for some unnamable reason, she took it. “It just makes everything so much harder. Why can’t things ever be easy?”

The sorrow, the pit in her stomach, began to fill and replace itself with anger. Slowly, only coals at first. But they grew.  

"I'm sorry you have to go through this. I wish..." He paused, seeing her look. "What is it?"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I'm sorry you have to go through this. I wish..." He paused, seeing her look. "What is it?"

She shook her head. “It’s not fair. I try so hard, for dozens of people… and I can’t save the one I love best. I think… I think I’m mad, TAAron.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

She shook her head. “It’s not fair. I try so hard, for dozens of people… and I can’t save the one I love best. I think… I think I’m mad, TAAron.”

"I guess that makes sense. I wish I could do something."

Lerac coughed, looking like he was going to say something, but then he stopped. He still looked guilty and uncomfortable.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I guess that makes sense. I wish I could do something."

Lerac coughed, looking like he was going to say something, but then he stopped. He still looked guilty and uncomfortable.

Haly grabbed Lerac and thrust him in TAArons general direction. “Stop being upset. It wasn’t your fault; you did your best with the cards you were dealt. Talk to him.” She stepped back to contemplate her anger in silence.

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly grabbed Lerac and thrust him in TAArons general direction. “Stop being upset. It wasn’t your fault; you did your best with the cards you were dealt. Talk to him.” She stepped back to contemplate her anger in silence.

TAAron frowned. Grabbing the dead man's attention, Lerac whispered something into his ear. TAAron looked shocked, then shook his head vehemently. He glanced at Haly, now also looking slightly guilty.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron frowned. Grabbing the dead man's attention, Lerac whispered something into his ear. TAAron looked shocked, then shook his head vehemently. He glanced at Haly, now also looking slightly guilty.

“What?” Suspicion joined her anger. 

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“What, you want your last words to me to be a lie?” She snapped.

She felt a faint sensation of pleasure, but it faded. Rylla was getting better at being subtle.

Lerac began speaking up, but TAAron shoot him a quieting glance. "I love you, Haly. Goodbye." He teared up.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac began speaking up, but TAAron shoot him a quieting glance. "I love you, Haly. Goodbye." He teared up.

“You can’t leave like this! Not with a lie! Tell me!” Surging, the anger peaked… and it felt to good.

It’s fake, she realized with a start. She tried to shake it out of her head, force it out of her core, but it wouldn’t leave. “No, forget that. It’s Rylla talking.” With a deep breath, she managed to put the anger at bay. “TAAron, I… I’m so sorry. About all this, and about everything. I’m so sorry and I’ll miss you so much, and I… I love you too.”

Rylla gave up and retreated, leaving Haly to try to wipe away the tears inexorably rolling down her cheeks.

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

6 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“You can’t leave like this! Not with a lie! Tell me!” Surging, the anger peaked… and it felt to good.

It’s fake, she realized with a start. She tried to shake it out of her head, force it out of her core, but it wouldn’t leave. “No, forget that. It’s Rylla talking.” With a deep breath, she managed to put the anger at bay. “TAAron, I… I’m so sorry. About all this, and about everything. I’m so sorry and I’ll miss you so much, and I… I love you too.”

Rylla gave up and retreated, leaving Haly to try to wipe away the tears inexorably rolling down her cheeks.

"Is that all, then?" Death asked.

"Is that all, then?" Death asked.

She opened her mouth to say yes, but the syllables caught on her tongue. It felt like she should say something, do something. Anything. But it eluded her.

”Will you…” she swallowed. “Will you wait for me?” 

But that felt so insufficient…

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

She opened her mouth to say yes, but the syllables caught on her tongue. It felt like she should say something, do something. Anything. But it eluded her.

”Will you…” she swallowed. “Will you wait for me?” 

But that felt so insufficient…

"Of course I will. But I hope you won't have to come here too soon."

Death nodded. "Well, if that's it, you best be on your way!" He waved his hand, and the mists began swirling around the group and lifting them off their feet.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Of course I will. But I hope you won't have to come here too soon."

Death nodded. "Well, if that's it, you best be on your way!" He waved his hand, and the mists began swirling around the group and lifting them off their feet.

There’s more. Tell him more. 

Fumbling for words, she clenched her fists. What is it? What do I say? 

She didn’t know.

”Bye,” she called, feeling the insufficiency of the words. “Bye. See you soon.”

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

There’s more. Tell him more. 

Fumbling for words, she clenched her fists. What is it? What do I say? 

She didn’t know.

”Bye,” she called, feeling the insufficiency of the words. “Bye. See you soon.”

The group went through the portal, and arrived in the midst of a battle.

@Ranryu

Just now, Ranryu said:

KAY COOL YAY

Welp it won’t highlight from the photo. So here’s the photo! See the following adjustments below…

“Wait!” Squirming, she locked eyes with whoever was around. “I’m sorry. About all the—“

you know the rest

92E8CA5C-99F9-403A-AC0A-DB0996A794E3.png

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

The three Aos Si were literally backed against a wall, unable to do anything more than shield themselves.

Malum had apparently left, but the bolts persisted.

Suddenly, each bolt turned on Lerac and began rocketing after him.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Malum had apparently left, but the bolts persisted.

Suddenly, each bolt turned on Lerac and began rocketing after him.

Dharc and Wynn simultaneously casted Shadows to protect Lerac.

"We need to find a way to get away from them!"

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Dharc and Wynn simultaneously casted Shadows to protect Lerac.

"We need to find a way to get away from them!"

The bolts slowed momentarily, but passed through the shadows. Each one hit Lerac in the chest. He fell to the ground, apparently stunned.

The bolts slowed momentarily, but passed through the shadows. Each one hit Lerac in the chest. He fell to the ground, apparently stunned.

Wynn cursed in Gaelic and ran over to him.

"Lerac, can you hear me?"

Dharc trailed behind her, curious about the new person who had suddenly appeared.