For anyone with extensive knowledge and/or obsessions with Military Aircraft, from 1939 to the present, here we shall discuss it!

Starter Questions:

• F-35 or F-22?
  • Su-57 or F-22?
  • MiG-15, yes or no?
  • Is the Dassault Milan the best plane ever? (yes)
  • Supercruise or Radar-proof shapes?
Edited by Sequence

F-22. I like my enemy to know I'm boutta kick their butt.

Su-57. oh it looks so coooool. all arrow like and *nyoom*

i hate the way it looks.

Looks pretty nyoom. I dig it.

Why can't i do both (looks pointedly at F-35)

idk i'm a mild aircraft nerd, not enough that I know a ton of specs, but I know a decent amount of planes and minor facts and I think their cool.

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

F-22. I like my enemy to know I'm boutta kick their butt.

I agree! The F-22 is a monster.

5 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Su-57. oh it looks so coooool. all arrow like and *nyoom*

Su-57 might be one of my favorites. Once Russia get's it's crap together and fixes the engines, this thing will destroy the F-22 in a 1v1. Although, F-22s and F-35s are designed to fly together as a dynamic duo and nothing can beat em. One on one though, Su-57.

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

i hate the way it looks.

Does look kinda goofy. Plus its NATO Name designation is (gay slur).

3 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Looks pretty nyoom. I dig it.

Third Generation, missiles are ass, but it can supercruise! I think that's super cool for such an old plane. Also it's French :skull:.

4 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Why can't i do both (looks pointedly at F-35)

F-35 can't supercruise as long as I'd like, but it's technological prowess makes it one of the scariest planes ever imo.

4 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Third Generation, missiles are ass, but it can supercruise! I think that's super cool for such an old plane. Also it's French :skull:.

10 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

my first thought when i saw it was "wish.com eurofighter typhoon" soooo

4 minutes ago, Sequence said:

F-35 can't supercruise as long as I'd like, but it's technological prowess makes it one of the scariest planes ever imo.

the f-35 is a fast golf ball with missiles and guns according to any radar bruh

Man I have always loved the F-22 so I am going to have to go with that although the F-35 is a beautiful aircraft as well. The Su-57 is probably a superior aircraft to the F-22 but Russia so you know. 

This post reminds me of one thing that drove me crazy about Top Gun Maverick. Why would you fly a  F/A-18 on this super difficult suicide mission evading SAMs and going against Gen 5 aircraft? Apparently is was so they had a two seater aircraft to be able to film inside the cockpit. I doubt anyone besides military aircraft nerds would have noticed but it drove me crazy. 

Anyone else a Brrrrttttt fan? 

hqdefault.jpeg

13 minutes ago, StormingTexan said:

Man I have always loved the F-22 so I am going to have to go with that although the F-35 is a beautiful aircraft as well. The Su-57 is probably a superior aircraft to the F-22 but Russia so you know. 

A-10 Thunderbolt's kinda cringe imo, but the F-22 n' stuff is cool. The Su-57 would but so much better, except for a few things.

1. Only like, three exist.
  2. It's engines don't work so the active ones are using leftovers from current MiGs.
  3. And yeah thats it.
13 minutes ago, StormingTexan said:

This post reminds me of one thing that drove me crazy about Top Gun Maverick. Why would you fly a  F/A-18 on this super difficult suicide mission evading SAMs and going against Gen 5 aircraft? Apparently is was so they had a two seater aircraft to be able to film inside the cockpit. I doubt anyone besides military aircraft nerds would have noticed but it drove me crazy. 

9 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

remember when they were briefing Maverick when he first got there?

the F-35 would be innefective because it's GPS jammed. they said that specifically.

So basically, the F-35's GPS is better in every way than goofy ahh SAMS. The problem, is that the F-35 is not a dog-fighter. It's maneuverability is very low, and it's just not built for the Maverick mission. Although, neither are F-18s so :blink:. Why they didn't use F-22s however, makes no sense. Film-wise, they had to use F-18s because they have two seats. Basically how they filmed Top Gun Maverick is they stuck our buddy Tom in the front seat of a modified F-18 and had a real pilot control it from the back, since Tom is a civilian and legally unable to pilot F-15s or later. There's probably more I was going to say but I forgot.

the f-35 is a fast golf ball with missiles and guns according to any radar bruh

Oh yeah this.

The F-35 is fast, but with it's afterburners. It carries AIM-120 AMRAAMS which are long-range missiles, and it's guns can switch off-boresight. So yes, it's scary. XD.

Edited by Sequence

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

lets gooo revive the aircraft thread

edit: how do i change votes?

no idea lol

It wont let me mess with the polls, so I'll just do a mini one:

Yak-38 or Harrier?

AIM-120 AMRAAMS or AIM-7 Sparrows?

USS Gerald R. Ford or Admiral Kuznetsov? (Both boats)

Edited by Sequence