Hello Everyone

Almarenco

Hello everyone. Colombian living in Canada here- I stumbled upon BS’s writings about three weeks ago with The Final Empire. Been listening (audiobooks) almost  nonstop - After finishing the first Mistborn series and then Elantris I started Stormlight. Right now going through Oathbringer - and going through these often exiting, sometimes frustrating, but always gripping narratives I finally decided I had to talk to folks who are also into this and would know what I’m talking about, and so here I am !

1 hour ago, That1Cellist said:

Welcome! Who is your favorite character? Also, be wary of spoilers when on the shard. They are all over the place.

Thanks for the heads up. My fave would have to be Kal, I find his story the most compelling of all the protags, basically whenever I find myself bored or put off by any particular subplot, extended exposition or lenghthy flashback, it’s the need to find out what happens with Kal that keeps me going, and thus find myself often rooting for him. I also like Dalinar and Syl a lot.

1 hour ago, Morningtide said:

Welcome to the shard! What's your favorite book?

You mean of all BS’s books I’ve read or just Stormlight? My favorite overall thus far has to be The Final Empire, I found that book had a great balance of different characters POVs, stakes, character growth with interest characters without padding the page count excessively, and has to my liking the most satisfying emotional conclusion, with SPOILER ALERT——————————- Kelsier’s death and further toppling of the Lord Ruler at the hands of Vin. Everything else I’ve also liked, just find them a bit more plagued with excessive backstories and plots for not so compelling characters with way too many self inflicted problems that make them not flow as well. Out of Stormlight I’ve only finished 2, but thus far for sure Words of Radiance, as it’s only at the end of that book that I felt a lot of the things set up in The Way of Kings were actually paid off - almost impossible to just read WOK and stop.

Edited by Almarenco

9 hours ago, Almarenco said:

Hello everyone. Colombian living in Canada here- I stumbled upon BS’s writings about three weeks ago with The Final Empire. Been listening (audiobooks) almost  nonstop - After finishing the first Mistborn series and then Elantris I started Stormlight. Right now going through Oathbringer - and going through these often exiting, sometimes frustrating, but always gripping narratives I finally decided I had to talk to folks who are also into this and would know what I’m talking about, and so here I am !

Welcome! We're glad to have you here!

21 hours ago, Almarenco said:

You mean of all BS’s books I’ve read or just Stormlight? My favorite overall thus far has to be The Final Empire, I found that book had a great balance of different characters POVs, stakes, character growth with interest characters without padding the page count excessively, and has to my liking the most satisfying emotional conclusion, with SPOILER ALERT——————————- Kelsier’s death and further toppling of the Lord Ruler at the hands of Vin. Everything else I’ve also liked, just find them a bit more plagued with excessive backstories and plots for not so compelling characters with way too many self inflicted problems that make them not flow as well. Out of Stormlight I’ve only finished 2, but thus far for sure Words of Radiance, as it’s only at the end of that book that I felt a lot of the things set up in The Way of Kings were actually paid off - almost impossible to just read WOK and stop.

That's so cool! It's one of my favorite books to. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/9/2022 at 2:45 AM, Almarenco said:

Welcome! I hope you find yourself at home here on he shard (everyone is so nice) :D 

On 15/9/2022 at 5:01 AM, Almarenco said:

SPOILER ALERT——————————-

If you ever want to say something that is a spoiler in the future, there is this really cool function 

Spoiler

Where you can hide text!

You can find it up the top in the posting box, it is a an eye symbol and all you have to do is make sure your cursor is where you want the text box and click on it for it to come up. You can also type “spoiler alert for *whatever it is you are spoiling* so people know and are warned that it is a spoiler and not just some hidden text! 

I hope you enjoy your time on the shard! :)