SA5 Death Rattle Speculation [SA5 reddit update spoilers]

kenthomas261

Hello all! 

With the new SA5 update on reddit we know that at least one of the death rattles will be taking place with Kaladin and Szeth in Shinovar. Does anyone have and guesses on which death rattle(s) they think it will be? I have some ideas but obviously they are pure speculation. I don't have time to put in all of my thoughts at this moment but I think some relating to reigns and maybe Black Fisher may come up.

What are some of ya'lls thoughts/hopes for it?

I'm convinced it is the following:

A man stood on a cliffside and watched his homeland fall into dust. The waters surged beneath, so far beneath. And he heard a child crying. They were his own tears.

I feel like a dawnshard is going to create another Shattered Plains in Shinovar. Though I feel like the Black Fisher could be involved. I suspect that we'll have met or learned about all of the Unmade by the end of book 5.

These are some of the ones I was thinking:

They come from the pit, two dead men, a heart in their hands, and I know that I have seen true glory.

This could be about Szeth and Kal rather than the assumed Shallan/Kal thing so far

I also don't know how it would all play out exactly but I like the idea of Szeth going home and it's all bad. I could see Szeth being corrupted somehow and picking up rule of a devastated Shinovar. 

Light grows so distant. The storm never stops. I am broken, and all around me have died. I weep for the end of all things. He has won. Oh, he has beaten us.

Three of sixteen ruled, but now the Broken One reigns. 

17 minutes ago, MrZachGuy said:

I'm convinced it is the following:

I feel like a dawnshard is going to create another Shattered Plains in Shinovar. Though I feel like the Black Fisher could be involved. I suspect that we'll have met or learned about all of the Unmade by the end of book 5.

I could see something like this happening for sure. Especially when you think that the shattered plains may have been one of the areas with more singers in it since it's on the other side as Shinovar. Although with it being on the other side of Alethkar (which we know had a lot of radiants) from the Horneater Peaks and Herdaz which we know has hybrid groups maybe geography isn't the best argument. Especially with oathgates everywhere. 

But if the singers were in the unclaimed hills area, it would make sense that singer refugees went to herdaz/horneater peaks and that the fighting often took place in Alethela and that the would have attacked the eastmost city (Stormseat). Then they could take it to the Herald's homeland this time. That could be cool.

Although I'm sure there is more than just this, here is my guess:

"The death is my life, the strength becomes my weakness, the journey has ended."

>>
"I'm standing over the body of a brother. I'm weeping. Is that his blood or mine? What have we done?"

>>

"A man stood on a cliffside and watched his homeland fall into dust. The waters surged beneath, so far beneath. And he heard a child crying. They were his own tears."

>>

"I'm cold. Mother, I'm cold. Mother? Why can I still hear the rain? Will it stop?"

>>

" Light grows so distant. The storm never stops. I am broken, and all around me have died. I weep for the end of all things. He has won. Oh, he has beaten us."

>>

"The darkness becomes a palace. Let it rule! Let it rule!"

List of Death Rattles

Light grows so distant. The storm never stops. I am broken, and all around me have died. I weep for the end of all things. He has won. Oh, he has beaten us.

I have a feeling that this one will appear in the climax, and that it refers either to a failure of one of Odium’s spren to achieve its goals on Roshar, or to the breaking of the Voidspren bonds using the same mechanism used during the Recreance.