Ask JaySurge Anything

JaySurge

1. My favorite magic system is Scadrial's magic system, but Breaths and surgebinding are a close second. Outside of Brandon's works I really like how the magic system in the Shannara chronicles evolves throughout the generations each series covers.

2. I am not a writer. My skill with words is sub-par at best. I have plenty of thoughts and ideas of what I would write, but I can never get what's in my head on paper.

3. What I find interesting to think about is all the unseen code that directs our electronics and everything that goes into that. This is also part of the reason I am going to school to be a software engineer.

3 minutes ago, JaySurge said:

I am not a writer. My skill with words is sub-par at best. I have plenty of thoughts and ideas of what I would write, but I can never get what's in my head on paper.

I feel that way too.

4 minutes ago, JaySurge said:

What I find interesting to think about is all the unseen code that directs our electronics and everything that goes into that. This is also part of the reason I am going to school to be a software engineer.

That's awesome!! I'm seriously considering going into that field as well! I've always wanted to understand electronics and programming and everything like that. I'm thinking about a double major in math and comp sci. Any thoughts?

15 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I feel that way too.

That's awesome!! I'm seriously considering going into that field as well! I've always wanted to understand electronics and programming and everything like that. I'm thinking about a double major in math and comp sci. Any thoughts?

That sounds great! It sounds like you've been thinking about this and looking into it some already.

I'm getting an Associate of Science in Liberal Arts and Science, (pre-engineering transfer), at a Community College. Then I'll transfer to the University and get my Bachelors their. However, a double major in math and comp sci will cover the education you need to succeed. A lot of coding uses complex math that is only taught in higher level math classes.

Whatever you do, good luck!

10 minutes ago, JaySurge said:

That sounds great! It sounds like you've been thinking about this and looking into it some already.

I'm getting an Associate of Science in Liberal Arts and Science, (pre-engineering transfer), at a Community College. Then I'll transfer to the University and get my Bachelors their. However, a double major in math and comp sci will cover the education you need to succeed. A lot of coding uses complex math that is only taught in higher level math classes.

Whatever you do, good luck!

Thank you! Great thoughts! ^_^