Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly held out her hands. At the mention of the flood, the feeling had returned. There was power there, power she didn’t understand and couldn’t control. “I wish I knew. Something… happened. My hands tingled, and…”

"Interesting. Well, I guess we should find Tors and start figuring out how to get out of here."

Tors, you there?

Yup. You okay, then?

Yeah, I'm alright. Do you know how we could get out of this place?

No idea.

I'm getting pretty tired out from roleplaying, and I have some stuff to do, so this is probably it for me for today, if I don't end up coming back in a few hours.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Interesting. Well, I guess we should find Tors and start figuring out how to get out of here."

Tors, you there?

Yup. You okay, then?

Yeah, I'm alright. Do you know how we could get out of this place?

No idea.

Haly shrugged. “Find a teleporter? Or a magic cat? I wonder if there’s a belowplace here.”

Okay. It’s late here, so I should go to bed. I can be on tomorrow 6-7 Colorado time unless plans change.

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Essa left to monitor the vulnerable dimensions and to make sure Haly didn’t decide the risk was worth it.

Kareena read a book for a while before deciding that it was the most boring book she'd ever read and soon resigned to pacing around the room instead.

(That kinda rhymes... )

17 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly shrugged. “Find a teleporter? Or a magic cat? I wonder if there’s a belowplace here.”

From behind TAAron, Theodore asked, "You wish to return to... wherever you came from?"

"Yes, that was the idea."

"I'm sorry to say that that may be impossible, sir. Edmund wished to do the same at first, but ultimately failed. I do not, of course, mean to discourage you from trying, but it has proven impossible with any sort of magical capability we have here."

"Ah. Well I'm sure we can..." TAAron trailed off, his eyes going unfocused. When they snapped back to attention. He jolted backwards, falling to the floor.

Woah! What is happening? I'll try to hold him together...

TAAron began moving less suddenly, eventually sitting unmoving against the doorframe.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

5 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

From behind TAAron, Theodore asked, "You wish to return to... wherever you came from?"

"Yes, that was the idea."

"I'm sorry to say that that may be impossible, sir. Edmund wished to do the same at first, but ultimately failed. I do not, of course, mean to discourage you from trying, but it has proven impossible with any sort of magical capability we have here."

"Ah. Well I'm sure we can..." TAAron trailed off, his eyes going unfocused. When they snapped back to attention. He jolted backwards, falling to the floor.

Woah! What is happening? I'll try to hold him together...

TAAron began moving less suddenly, eventually sitting unmoving against the doorframe.

What’s happening? Tors, we have to get to that tower.

53 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Shadows lengthened in the room, twisting together to form into Nameless.

He stood unmoving in the center of the room in front of the gathered group, eyes staring blankly into the distance.

“Nameless!” Haly ran over. “It’s so good to see you. How did you get here?”

10 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

What’s happening? Tors, we have to get to that tower.

“Nameless!” Haly ran over. “It’s so good to see you. How did you get here?”

"Hey, what am I doing here? Who are you guys?" TAAron stood up, looking confused but not distressed. "This room is cool." He looked down at himself. "Woah! I'm all bandaged up! No wonder I feel so woozy."

6 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Hey, what am I doing here? Who are you guys?" TAAron stood up, looking confused but not distressed. "This room is cool." He looked down at himself. "Woah! I'm all bandaged up! No wonder I feel so woozy."

Haly paled. Tors, why doesn’t he recognize them? “TAAron? Don’t you remember them? They saved you.”

Haly paled. Tors, why doesn’t he recognize them? “TAAron? Don’t you remember them? They saved you.”

He looked at her blankly. "Who is TAAron? Oh, excuse me, I should've asked your name first. Do you live here?"

Uh-oh.

I guess I might as well have fun with this.

”No worries.” Haly waved her hand. “Happens to me all the time. This week, my name is Byrd.”

Are you sure about this, Haly? He's gone full amnesiac. We should be helping him recover. This is a sign of increased soul damage, probably from the pewter stuff you mentioned earlier.

"Well, nice to meet you. I guess I'll have to come up with a name, then."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Are you sure about this, Haly? He's gone full amnesiac. We should be helping him recover. This is a sign of increased soul damage, probably from the pewter stuff you mentioned earlier.

"Well, nice to meet you. I guess I'll have to come up with a name, then."

I know. But it’ll be easier if we convince him he’s looking for something.

”Pick something cool, for your quest. Can I come, by the way?”

I know. But it’ll be easier if we convince him he’s looking for something.

”Pick something cool, for your quest. Can I come, by the way?”

"My... quest? I suppose you can come, but I don't know what it is. And for my name... I don't really have a cool idea. I think I'll just go with Tristan. I like that name for some reason."

Oh. Oh, that's quite something.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"My... quest? I suppose you can come, but I don't know what it is. And for my name... I don't really have a cool idea. I think I'll just go with Tristan. I like that name for some reason."

Oh. Oh, that's quite something.

His friend, right? That’s… unfortunate. Haly felt a pant in her stomach. Poor TAAron, when he was TAAron again. “You’re going to get your soul fixed in some tower. You told me earlier. Don’t worry, it’s natural to forget.”

11 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

His friend, right? That’s… unfortunate. Haly felt a pant in her stomach. Poor TAAron, when he was TAAron again. “You’re going to get your soul fixed in some tower. You told me earlier. Don’t worry, it’s natural to forget.”

"Soul... fixed? It's broken? That seems bad."

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Aw, don’t worry.” Hal—er, Byrd—waved her hand again. “It won’t be too bad, as long as you get there in the next three days.”

Good? Is that a good amount of time?

"Alright, that seems a bit tight. How long will it take while we are actually in the tower? And what's going on with him?" He pointed to the unmoving @Nameless.

I'm not sure. His soul seems relatively stable now. Not in good condition, but not changing much.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Alright, that seems a bit tight. How long will it take while we are actually in the tower? And what's going on with him?" He pointed to the unmoving @Nameless.

I'm not sure. His soul seems relatively stable now. Not in good condition, but not changing much.

That’s good, at least. How do we get to the tower? Maybe we could… um… jump off a cliff. Or drink hot cocoa. I don’t know.

”Oh, um, I don’t know how long the tower will take. We have to get there… any suggestions, @Nameless?”

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

That’s good, at least. How do we get to the tower? Maybe we could… um… jump off a cliff. Or drink hot cocoa. I don’t know.

”Oh, um, I don’t know how long the tower will take. We have to get there… any suggestions, @Nameless?”

"Nameless... that's an odd name, isn't it? Oh, and who are you?" He indicated Theodore, who was standing by, mouth agape. Mell was also near, sharpening her knife and watching with interest.

"I am Theodore... I treated you." He pointed at the bandage. "You were in pretty bad shape."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Nameless... that's an odd name, isn't it? Oh, and who are you?" He indicated Theodore, who was standing by, mouth agape. Mell was also near, sharpening her knife and watching with interest.

"I am Theodore... I treated you." He pointed at the bandage. "You were in pretty bad shape."

Yeah, thanks for that, by the way.” Haly popped a marshmallow into her mouth. “You guys know or any places people may have… disappeared? Or something?”

5 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Yeah, thanks for that, by the way.” Haly popped a marshmallow into her mouth. “You guys know or any places people may have… disappeared? Or something?”

Theodore considered briefly. "No, I don't believe so. Just about all of our realm has been explored, not counting the demon caves, which were sealed after the Mors Daemonum. The only other places there really are are the Forest, the Plains, the Lake, and the Capital. Past that it's just... void."

26 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Theodore considered briefly. "No, I don't believe so. Just about all of our realm has been explored, not counting the demon caves, which were sealed after the Mors Daemonum. The only other places there really are are the Forest, the Plains, the Lake, and the Capital. Past that it's just... void."

Ideas? We could try going back to the clinic, like you suggested… or… Haly glanced at the floor underneath her. I wonder if there’s a Belowplace here…

Night y’all

Edited by The Halcyon Girl