An idea on what might have caused the weeping.

animalia

I think that the capture of Ba-Ado-Misham caused the weeping. I will get into the details on this idea in a bit. But for now I just wanted to share it.

edit: I was thinking that the reason behind both the capture and the Recreance might have to do with the whole Warlight reveal in ROW. That together Honor and Odium make War. Maybe that was what was happening to BOTH Ba-Ado-Mishram AND Honor. And maybe realizing this. Will lead to the death of the stormfather and a large scale weeping.

P.S. Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Edited by animalia
Added details.

8 hours ago, Frustration said:

The weeping is a natural part of the Highstorm cycle and likely predates the shattering.

Because I see the Highstorm being a result of the weird tidal forces from the moons, I think of the weeping as the part of the cycle where the moons don't line up for a while

21 minutes ago, Humble_Knight said:

Because I see the Highstorm being a result of the weird tidal forces from the moons, I think of the weeping as the part of the cycle where the moons don't line up for a while

How does that work with the Stormfather able to control the storm then?