Asexuality And Mateform

Trusk'our

Question

Okay, so singers are normally asexual until they take Mateform. 

In addition, humans can gain Forms by growing a Gemheart via Hemalurgy.

So let's say that Jasnah were given a Gemheart and for whatever reason took Mateform. Would she not be asexual while she had the form, or would it just not change her in that way?

Also, would the physical changes of the Forms still effect a human, such as the pronounced secondary sexual characteristics of Mateform?

(P.S. Sorry if this is a bit of a weird question.)

3 answers to this question

I would guess that what it means for mateform to have "pronounced secondary sexual characteristics" is pronounced characteristics relative to other singer forms. Humans already have pronounced secondary sexual characteristics. I don't remember exactly which character said it, but there was a comment in SA from a singer that basically amounted to "humans are in mateform at all times".

21 minutes ago, CryoZenith said:

I would guess that what it means for mateform to have "pronounced secondary sexual characteristics" is pronounced characteristics relative to other singer forms. Humans already have pronounced secondary sexual characteristics. I don't remember exactly which character said it, but there was a comment in SA from a singer that basically amounted to "humans are in mateform at all times".

I believe, though I cannot check, that they also remark on how humans are basically in all forms all the time. Which means that perhaps a human growing a gemheart would actually cause a reduction, or better said a specialization, of human traits. So a human who grew a gemheart via hemalurgy might find that their secondary sexual characteristics decrease when not in mateform and return to their original manifestations when they enter it. Now, there might be some heightening effect, as the energy that humans normally put into "being all forms at once" can suddenly be focused into a more narrow field, but I doubt that it would be as bombastic as what happens when singers go from dullform to any other.

On 2/18/2022 at 11:41 AM, HSuperLee said:

I believe, though I cannot check, that they also remark on how humans are basically in all forms all the time. Which means that perhaps a human growing a gemheart would actually cause a reduction, or better said a specialization, of human traits. So a human who grew a gemheart via hemalurgy might find that their secondary sexual characteristics decrease when not in mateform and return to their original manifestations when they enter it. Now, there might be some heightening effect, as the energy that humans normally put into "being all forms at once" can suddenly be focused into a more narrow field, but I doubt that it would be as bombastic as what happens when singers go from dullform to any other.

I would guess that Dullform is the natural state for a Singer who hasn't properly bonded a Spren to allow for a different, better Form. Because of that I'm not sure that a human would undergo a reduction to their new unbonded state unless the way they are able to grow a Gemheart via Hemalurgy actually works by making them more into a Singer than just by turning them into a human that just has the added ability to grow a Gemheart (which might actually be how it works).

That would be pretty interesting though; perhaps Hemalurgy can change your race, or your species, using this method? Maybe you could turn yourself into a Saih Aimian or a Kandra using the same method you would use to grow a Gemheart.