Thaidakar

Jaconis

I’m not entirely sure if this has been put out there yet. I hop in only occasionally between book releases, so I apologize if this is a long-standing theory. 

I’m just going to come out and say it.

Thaidakar is Kelsier.

This passage from Chapter 115 of RoW is as explicit of proof as possible short of full confirmation. 

Spoiler

“This will not end well for you, Shallan,” Mraize said. “You make an enemy of the most powerful organization in all the cosmere.”

“I think we can handle you.”

“Perhaps. Can you handle my master? Can you handle her master?”

“Thaidakar?” Shallan guessed.

“Ah, so you’ve heard of him?”

“The Lord of Scars, Wit calls him. Well, when you next meet this Lord of Scars, give him a message from me.”

“He comes here in avatar only,” Mraize said. “We are too far beneath his level to be worthy of more.”

“Then tell his avatar something for me. Tell him … we’re done with his meddling. His influence over my people is finished.” She hesitated, then sighed. Wit had asked nicely. “Also, Wit says to tell him, ‘Deal with your own stupid planet, you idiot. Don’t make me come over there and slap you around again.’”

Lord of Scars? Obviously reference to the scars on his arms.
Wit’s comment to him? Who else has Wit “slapped around”? Very few people considering he can’t harm others. Not to mention, the comment about “dealing with [his] own planet” - Scadrial isn’t exactly full of sunshine and rainbows at the moment, since this takes place before Era 2. 
Finally is the fact that we know of at least one very high up member, just one level below the big boss, who is from Scadrial in Iyatil.

I haven’t dug around too much, and it’s possible this can be refuted somewhere in the text, but I think this links are set up too perfectly for Thaidakar to be anyone but Kelsier. 

Standard disclaimer that this could be red herrings, but it feels...too perfect to be that.

Thoughts?

Edited by Jaconis