WoR Timeline (I Used Search function, I Swear)

hubrisnxs

I've read and listened to it twice, and I cannot think of timelines established, year wise, in any areas except the prefaces to the chapters ["Chapter 6 Terrible destruction.  We had never considered we'd have Parshendi spies among our slaves, yada yada yda Journal of Blah Blah Yessasan 1174"  

I'm thinking I'm either incredibly dense, or just coy good writing to have all that detail without firmly established dates excepting those written in the future, with hindsight and/or irony.  This means that we know specific people will survive long enough for their same-surnamed scholar to use the pronoun: "we" after cataclysmic events, after enough time has past that their writings are later considered important.  As important, I'd wager as capt obvious, as the death rattle silliloquys in WoK

Chapter 2 of WoR, about the Bridge Four tattoos:

"The smaller ones above," Kaladin said, "say the date you were freed and the one who freed you.["]

Then in the illustration on page 83 the tattoos are noted to say year 1173.

Also, it is not clear from your post if you noticed it is Navani writing the journals...

There's a WoR timeline here if that's what you're looking for. Not sure why search wouldn't have found it though.

Both The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance take place in the year 1173. WoR ends a few days before or after what is essentially New Year's day. Somebody had a detailed timeline here on the forums...

• Chaos locked this topic