I am rereading Mistborn!!!

Winds Alight

Re-reads are fickle things, I ended up re-reading everything a LOT slower due to wanting to pick out the fine details. Turns out I just happen to LOVE Kelsier a lot more than I did the first time (and after reading Secret History, too). Currently doing a re-read myself but I'm going off on other books at the moment too.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the original Mistborn series, and I have reread it a few times.  However, I find that I like the characters of Wax and Wayne much better during the second phase.  Maybe it's due to the story not being as "world ending" as the original, but I just really enjoy reading their exploits.  This is one of a couple of Sanderson's settings that could easily be made into a TV series.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:24 AM, Winds Alight said:

Q uick question for when I'm through with era 1: I haven't read era 2 nor Secret History so far. With which should I start?

I know this has already been answered a lot, but I'd like to give my two cents. During my first read-through of the books, I waited until after BoM to read SH, and I was very glad I waited. There are some BoM moments that would have been utterly spoiled if I had read SH first. I am, however, doing a reread of the Mistborn books right now (SO AMAZING!!), and I finished Era 1 just a couple of days ago. I decided to pick up SH, so things would be fresh in my mind, and I was not disappointed. So, either way works, but I recommend BoM first, then SH.

On 1/15/2019 at 0:52 AM, Winds Alight said:

I'm nearing the end of TFE and Im shocked how much I forgot. I have NOW memory of Yeden getting the army killed off. Zero. Not even while I was reading it did any of it sound familiar.

The exact same thing happened to me! Absolutely no recollection whatsoever of this event. It was nice to be surprised, even though the actual event was rather unpleasant for the characters...

• 9 months later...

This is taking me FAR longer than I anticipated, but I seem to finally get on with tHoA. I finished WoA in june and I've only barely read into HoA since then. Other things demanded my attention and I was not in the right mood. I do hope (and wish) to finish it by the end of the year if I can and at least with Alloy of Law. My ultimate goal is to be up to date with the entire Cosmere by the release of SA4. Shouldn't be a problem, I can be a very fast reader (binged through OB within a week while working fulltime), but only when I'm reading the right story at the right time. :huh:

Edited by Winds Alight